Thread: My VX... is TOTALLED??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    If they "total" your VX because it costs more to fix than they think it's worth, there is no reason there should be a salvage title.
    I think that's the actual definition of salvage title. When a insurance company feels the damage is more than 70% of the total vehicle worth, they mark it as a total loss which typically makes it a salvage title. Although some states will inspect vehicles before making issuing a salvage title.

Actual damage isn't always necessary as many states salvage title vehicles that have been recovered from GTA.

All of this is open to interpretation, I'm not an expert... just a Google search genius.

Do this option-- Don't claim anything on your insurance policy, and fix/repair the faulty parts "out of pocket". Then you'll still have your VX without a bad salvage title. Sometimes it's best to not get the insurance company involved at all, and to fix the vehicle on your own with your own pocket money. Have the insurance company fix the parked car damage, and pay to have your VX fixed yourself.