Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apple - Ieverything

Apple - Ieverything

So I joined the dark side.

I never thought I would buy an Apple product but I just had to. At about 24 hours into ownership, I love my Ipad 3 (or whatever they call the new one).

I primarily bought it for ONE single app that will help my landscaping business that I am doing this summer. And no, there was not a suffcient app on driods or HP or anything else. I do currently have a Driod phone, but wow after this, may re-up.

BUT - since I am new to the App store I wondered what apps are out there that I should buy/free download etc?

...An otterbox case costs $90! Are you kidding me!

The Otterbox would be cheap at twice the price. It basically turns an iPad into a frisbee. Don't think of how much the otterbox costs, think of how much it will cost to replace the iPad3 after Mr. Murphy gets his grimy little fingers on it.

I can't speak specifically to the iPad Otterbox, but I seem to manage to drop my phone 2-3 times a day, and it still looks like the day I bought it. That case is the best insurance I can imagine buying. A friend with the OB Defender case had his iPhone run over by at least one truck and left in the mud for a day before he found it, and the damn thing still worked. The screen wasn't even cracked.

Wow, you two talked me into it.

Otter > Griffin?

I have an OtterBox Commuter on my Droid Bionic. The thing takes a beating and looks good. I've dropped my phone several times on hardwood floors here at my house, and the phone never knew anything happened. I imagine the Defender would pretty much make an iPad like a tank. My roommate has a Griffin case on his iPhone. It doesn't look as cool as the OtterBox for one, but I'd definitely go with the OtterBox either way. Amazon has cheaper prices than the OtterBox website too, if you didn't look there. I got my case brand new for almost half price. $$
    "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. -Romans 3:28

Wow, $56.40 on Amazon!

Thumbs up JumiTech

As for apps, the one that revitalized iDevices for me is one from Jumitech. JumiOne is the app. If you have PC(s) at home, as long as it is running, you can connect to it via the app, and actually control it's cursor and keyboard while viewing the screen on your device.

I love it!

You can use all your MS Office, etc, programs on your iDevice...!

Just search for Jumitech in iTunes.

SilverBullet75
    Formerly: '01 Ebony VXSTLTH
    Now: '08 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0L

I have the griffin on an ipad 2 at work.

I have a DodoCase on my personal ipad 3

The griffin makes the ipad durable, but super heavy.
    the dodocase makes the ipad look like a book. Its pretty awesome for my needs.

Like you, I bought the "New iPad" as my first venture into iDom. As far as apps, I have the usual fair - FaceTweet, Pandora, Skype, etc. I loaded Splashtop to control my home PC remotely (which is pretty cool, but takes practice), and DISH remote access for my satellite. All the comforts of home while on the road (which was my hope.) The app that gets the most screen time is the Alarm Clock from The Alarm Clock Company. Not only can I program it to only go off on weekdays, but I can tell it what song to play (something very soft) and how loud (again, very soft.) It streams my Facebook and Twitter as well as displaying the local weather. It has a ton of other options I don't need/use.

I'm a big gamer too - got Mahjong and Solitaire!!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

I use PC Monitor to monitor my PC vitals
    I use Remote potato to control my MediaPC (tv shows, streaming, dvr etc)
    I use RealVNC for my home PC control (requires router changes)
    I use Splashtop for work pc control (very "dummy" proof so I dont have to mess with work firewalls or routing)

I gave up PCdom in '06 when the iMac added an intel chip and MicroSoft wrote an Office Suite that ran on the Mac.....

OMG, I fell in love!
    To say I love ALL my Apple stuff would be an understatement....
    Hubby lasted about 1 year longer then got a MacPro 17" laptop, and now does almost everything on his iPad... Man what beautiful products they design! And simple and logical to operate!

Luke...this is your father....come to the dark side.....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Talking

Dude, welcome to the cool side : I bought an iMac last year and I love it. The only thing I can't stand is not having the windows office, I know you can buy it, but I still use my PC for it's windows office, so I have not converted 100% yet. Still, I love Mac way more then PC, I got the iTrackpad, its this flat 4" by 4" mouse that you can do wonders with, it's so sick. I don't think I'll ever go back to PC as my primary comp.

BTW, off subject, when u gonna also join the dark hood club?

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

I love my pc. I built it from scratch. I make it do everything for me. I can fix it or upgrade it without talking to any "geniuses". I am 30 and have been sitting in front of a computer since I was in diapers (during the appropriate time in my life to wear diapers ). I have a digital art degree that was earned completely on Silicon Graphics machines running windows NT. I am a software developer at a "microsoft shop" and my phone runs Android OS....... With all that being said, I am writing this on my iPad. I don't consider purchasing an iPad,a move to the dark side. It's a gadget, and the best in its (3 year old)category so far. However, it's not at all (IMO) like fighting with using an apple computer. I use my iPad in harmony with the rest of my environment. One of the biggest things that I have had to get used to when comparing to my android device, is having to pay for apps.

I love the open source world of the pc, but when a new "gadget" is brought to market, I will always purchase the best one for my needs.....like the new iPad.

How many times have to swiped your finger across your PC monitor to scroll?? I've tried pushing buttons with my stylus, and it just doesn't work. D'OH!!!

PC to the bone. Frankenstein hybrid workstation at home that could control Skynet and my ever-trusty Motorola Xoom.

I know people swear by their Apple products, but every Apple product I have ever owned was returned for being dysfunctional or straight up broken. Guess that makes me "that guy".

In the end, the robustness, versatility, and ease of upgrading a PC (minus the tablet) is pure sex appeal.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT