Thread: New Owner

Smile New Owner

hey all,
    after driving CJ-7's for 20+ years, I went with our vehicle. I know from the jeep side of tribe, now I need to know more about our ride. It seems driver's side power window, CD player and head light sealing are a common problem. PLEASE send me your fixes. And as an additional note what is the best side wall protectact out there? I have been thinking of Armour All. Send me your sug.

Great site, Thanks for the help
    Pig
    PigWheels
    Pigpen

Pigpen - welcome aboard - you're going to love your new ride! It's much more practical than the CJ - and I've seen more than one picture here of a VX pulling a Jeep out of a tight spot. I got to take the Rubicon trip a few years ago in a CJ, but I have (as yet) never had my VX off road - if the VX is more capable than the CJ, it's quite a vehicle!!!

For your fixes, just use the search feature at the top of the screen, you'll find a lot of info on all of these subjects. On the Armour All topic, if you're talking about the tires - try one of the gels you apply with an applicator (I've been using Meguair's Endurance Gloss lately) - it will last longer, won't spin up all over the side of your car, and makes less of a mess when applied. For the body cladding, try Back To Black - after two apllications it will last through several washings and/or rains before you have to reapply it. Armour All has to be reapplied every time it gets wet, or it looks pretty bad.

Welcome aboard. This is the only place youll need to look for your VX needs.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT