Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Credit card question?

Originally posted by johnnyapollo
    Hey Adam,

You should probably have your cc number changed until this matter is resolved, so he doesn't keep making charges to the account. Just a thought.

-- John
    Ahh, exactly what I was going to say!

Changing the CC # was the first thing i did when i saw the charge again, Knowing him he may keep using my card.

thanks

adam

Re: Devil's advocate

Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
    Not to flame, but there ARE 2 sides to every story. Just to be fair, Why didn't you give the shocks 1 back to guy 1 after you had guy 2 install new shocks 2 ? I know the answer to this, but you should accept a little culpability in the matter . Give the guy a check for 1/2 the price of the shocks to cover his cost, write "paid in full" in the memo line and close the matter.
    The reason i didnt give the shocks back was that i was already awarded the credit and was told by the cc company that this situation was resolved, also The guy from the first place never returned my calls for over a month, so I didnt think i would need broken parts if the situation was resolved, only 3 months later he decided to call me up and start threatining me about being arrested , Ha another lie.The last thing he said to me in March was ill call you in about a week when the part comes in.

adam

The fun part about this is that it's a mess!
    Most importantly, no one is going to jail at this point at least.. It's CIVIL law matter. Both of you entered into a contract which takes it out of the criminal justice dug out. The only way that there could be any type of jail time is if there is some sort of contempt of court. (Not doing what the judge said to do) Or some unforseen crime, like the fraud.. Must have proof
    Usually, if something was not done to a customers satisfaction, the other party must be given a chance to rectify the problem. There is no set time limit for the rectification, according to most states it falls under the term of reasonable time.. (Who decides what's reasonable?... The Judge)
    When the case goes to court the judge may say to party 2 that the work was not done correctly and after an attempt to make right, the job is still crap. Then he'll order that the parts be returned, and money be returned. In most cases, it'll be the money minus labor costs.
    The CC company can do the ol' charge back thing but it is usually under the pretense that the goods be returned.
    The big winder here is that you can pretty much forget about going to jail, either of you. Unless there is something else.. Like the secondary charge.. Shame, on him...

Big lesson learned, ALWAYS do research on the one to do the work and even if it's a pain.. DRAW up a contract spelling out what is expected from both sides. Stay away from hasty deals as they aren't a good as they seem and neither is the price in the long run.
    Scott / moncha.com