After months of looking for just the right scoop, I stumbled upon this hand laid carbon fiber hood scoop.

It not only looks good (IMHO), but is functional. I drilled 5 - 2" diameter holes though the hood and insert and glued electrical box chase nipples in the holes to trim them out.

I wasn't satisfied with the airflow through the scoop after I put it in. As a matter of fact, there was no noticeable airflow through the scoop, even at 40 MPH (Just ask my wife, who was driving while I climbed out onto the windshield to feel for hot air). I then fashioned an internal "collector scoop" to capture some of the air coming off the radiator fan. Now there is quite a bit of air flowing through the scoop, even at idle. Even with the good airflow, I didn't see any reduction in engine temps.

The scoop is fashioned from hand laid carbon fiber matt and I think goes quite well with the grey color of the hood insert.

So what do you think of my hood scoop? (Be nice, I'm quite sensitive when it comes to my Baby)

Kirk