Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoPros V8 Build - Photo Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Who really knows....!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

Really? Sounds a bit zingy to me. Look forward to hearing it again with intake and exhaust in place.

AutoPros - what exhaust are you guys planning? I imagine Africa doesn't have the emissions requirements we do here...

....with crappy puter speakers.

Just saying......actual V8 noise from a VX MAKES ME HORNY BABY!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol Jo... I'm impressed with the build, just not with the sound... yet. I have every confidence that it will sound awesome with the right intake and exhaust.

Mav, are you out of your mind? This is the sickest, most badassedest growl I've ever heard from a VX, and I know I'm not alone.

Edit: Just listened again and yeah... You out 'cho mind. Reminds me of this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxPECBDZr8M

Hi gang!
    -The slightly storm-weary V
    Last edited by Vendetta : 12/09/2012 at 05:45 PM
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Guess I just expect more out of a V8 - doesn't sound much different than some V6's I've heard.

This is dumping straight out of the headers. Its going to have a higher pitch because of zero back pressure and valve train noise not being filter out by cats & mufflers. Although the owner wants it quiet, so it will be mild when all said and done. The intake I believe should be finished up later today, so a bunch of pics to follow!
    AutoPros of Aberdeen | AutoProsAberdeen.com
    Follow us: facebook.com/AutoProsOfAberdeen

Can you throw out a ballpark number on the total cost of this project?

I know AP, just teasing some overly zealous members.

@ V & Jo:

lol Double that 12-20k guess

D:

Just doing the e-rod motor, trans, transfer case, adapters, drive shaft, wiring & programming... you are probably in the area of 20-25K. This build is also getting a/c, suspension upgrades, brake upgrades, audio upgrades, lighting upgrades, tires, intake and exhaust, and more... should be around 35K when he is done. But until all of our numbers are in, this is a guess-timate.

I will be putting pictures up today as the intake gets completed.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoPros View Post
    Just doing the e-rod motor, trans, transfer case, adapters, drive shaft, wiring & programming... you are probably in the area of 20-25K. This build is also getting a/c, suspension upgrades, brake upgrades, audio upgrades, lighting upgrades, tires, intake and exhaust, and more... should be around 35K when he is done. But until all of our numbers are in, this is a guess-timate.

Ah COugh!! ....cough.. gag inhale.. I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for an engine swap today.
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 01/18/2013 at 02:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Ah COugh!! ....cough.. gag inhale.. I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for an engine swap today.
    I'm not surprised at the cost. I bet the hours spent are way more than a person would think. If anything, I'm surprised at the condition of the starting specimen for this type of investment/project. The undercarriage rust LOOKS horrible. It makes me think frame-off-restoration -- before starting with the engine transplant.

Obviously, it's not QUITE that bad...but a bad enough I wonder if the owner didn't consider selling/buying a lower-mileage...or, at least, lower rust unit? Maybe that's the norm in the NE though? I'm in the midwest and own a Florida truck. Seems like FL would be pretty bad with salt-water and such. But my rust level can't be 10-15% of what I see in the rear undercarriage (and engine compartment) pics.

Would LOVE to drive a V8 VX though! I'm thinking 383 stroker with ZF6 transmission!....then one in my vette of course!
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Wimpy

Haha, nice refernce :-)

Again - HAT's OFF to the Builder(s)! First rate fabrication work - PERIOD! Outstanding "problem solving", made it look "factory", killer upgrades, and a pretty damned nice end product! Yes, if you gents had started with a better "donor", this thing would have come out like a Chip Foose product! What I'm particularly encouraged by is that now you have a "template" - the next VX 5.3 transplant will go SO much faster, easier, and better; prolly cheaper too!

95K miles on my little Bumble Bee - 99% rust-free high desert VX with near perfect paint and interior. Runs like a top now - 1 quart/5K miles - but the day WILL come when this rascal is on its way to Maryland for a transplant - yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoPros View Post

Here you go. Very few people would invest that much money into $5-9k car...
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)