Thread: AutoPros V8 Build - Photo Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=AutoPros;257660]Have a '99 that one of our customers wanted to remove the poor running 3.5L for a more popular motor to source parts for. Bring on the GM Performance 5.3L E-ROD! GM 4L60-E Transmission! GM Performance Supermatic Controller! Advance Adapters to Jeep Dana 300 Transfer Case! Retain A/C, Power Steering, 4WD, pretty much everything other than TOD. Still in fab process, but will update with photos as the progress continues.

Whats going on guys, I live out in Oregon and I just bought my first vx. I bought the car already planning on doing a v8 swap because I had a trooper a few years ago and know how weak these engines are. So I'm trying to basically figure out the best way to go. I see you guys went for the gm 5.3 but I was thinking more along the ford 5.0 and not sure what trans would a t5 fit? The dana case will be a definite. Also I would ideally love to keep TOD, I heard you can keep it if you use a smaller displacement v8, like a northstar or the oldsmobile 4.0. So what do you think is the best route the star or the 5.0? Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by imfraeglasgow : 05/23/2012 at 11:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by imfraeglasgow View Post
    Whats going on guys, I live out in Oregon and I just bought my first vx. I bought the car already planning on doing a v8 swap because I had a trooper a few years ago and know how weak these engines are. So I'm trying to basically figure out the best way to go. I see you guys went for the gm 5.3 but I was thinking more along the ford 5.0 and not sure what trans would a t5 fit? The dana case will be a definite. Also I would ideally love to keep TOD, I heard you can keep it if you use a smaller displacement v8, like a northstar or the oldsmobile 4.0. So what do you think is the best route the star or the 5.0? Thanks a lot.
    Welcome aboard. Please edit your post so that you're not quoting the pics they already posted

Quote Originally Posted by eternal21 View Post
    Welcome aboard. Please edit your post so that you're not quoting the pics they already posted

I'll second that. Welcome to the dude from Glasgow but PLEASE go back and delete the pics! I like seeing them but once is enough. Have some mercy on those of us who check in via mobile device!