Thread: OLD VX HITCH Identification & Re-Installation Help PLEASE!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OLD VX HITCH Identification & Re-Installation Help PLEASE!

Hello, I got my VX with 90K on it, it has alot of chasis rust, I've cleaned alot of it. I removed the hitch rather quickly when I bought it because it was TOTALLY rusted out as seen in the pictures. I don't have a van anymore so now I need to pull a small trailor a 150 miles round trip later this week. It's a light trailor. I am going to paint this hitch in the morning. The cladding on the car looks like it was never modified, it seems to fit in the factory groves.

I have these 17mm head bolts that look good and I'm going to run them in and out with torque in the morning, looks like I have to removed the rear lower cladding to install new carriage bolts and spacers with a "fish hook"?? "Grade 8" 7/16 1.5inch bolts "square hole spacers" to prevent the carrage bolts from spinning when you torque it on?

Does anyone recognize the type of hitch in my pictures? I can't find any marking on it of any kind. It seem fairly light, large receiver and double receiver hole locks, not sure why. PLEASE help me do this right on monday!! I have to pull some cargo for work Wednesday!!! Will removal of rear cladding be the worst of it? THANKS! Erik

grrrr. having trouble figuring out how to add pics!!!
    Last edited by CowboyErik : 05/12/2012 at 11:17 PM Reason: adding pics, why so many now! omg!