Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CD player

Question CD player

My standard 6 disc CD player will not eject my CDs!

Anyone have a suggestion?

Do a seacrh on this, there are plenty of suggestions. Most likely you will have to bring it to the dealer. Is it still under warranty?

Good luck getting them out. I am on my 5th CD changer, and was lucky to get the CDs ejected most of the time before replacing the dang things. The last time I did, the CDs would not come out and the dealer had to send the old changer out to recover the CDs (got 'em all back though).
    I have an Apple IPOD now, so I plan on getting the entire stereo replaced and input the IPOD to it. I already have the Trooper's cubby hole to replace the changer which is developing some bad habbits.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    When all else fails and before you take it to the dealer - HIT IT.

I had a good technique of pressing the eject button while hitting the left side of the unit. After about 10 minutes of abuse, the changer finally spit out my cd.

That was about a year ago and I have not had a problem since. Maybe lucky I guess...
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Yeah, this CD player acted like this before and I had to pound on the side to get it to eject. Killed my hand, though.
    I even took a rubber hammer to it and nothing!

Guess I'll try one more time and then to the dealer I go!!!!!!!!!

Good thing I have a warranty.

Thumbs up

It's not getting them out that's my problem. the lil bu**er seems to have a very definate music bias and has on occasion refused to take the poffered cd.
    I'll take the advise and see if thumping it soundly on the side whilst whistling dixie makes any difference.

Uh-oh...
    Hey I'll admit, I'm not the best at fixing electronics but I think I just ran into some trouble.
    I managed to get the molding that surrounds the CD player off, I just can't seem to "unplug" the RED, White and Blue multiple wires that go into the changer at the bottom.
    They each have two "comb-like" clips that go into the casing and I can't seem to pull the unit out unless those cables are out of the damn way!
    Is the CD changer located directly under the CD player or is that something else that I'm looking at????????

HELP!

Ok...just dropped $170 to fix my V-cross.

Alignment- $54.00 (coupon) They first tried to not ring up the coupon, but I caught them...sheesh! Such sneaky tactics they use.

Battery check-$12.95

New Serpintine belt-$35.00

Transmission Range switch- covered by warranty

The rest was labor.

Here's the funny part...the CD changer is past warranty so they won't deal with it. I have 6 CDs stuck in there!
    So I either pay some shop to crack it open and fix it, or buy a new Cd changer.

Damn!

I have one in perfect condition if your interested we can negociate a price. Email me....

What does Error #3 mean?

I get this when the buttons are pushed on the CD player.

Using the SEARCH feature at the top of every page found this:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ighlight=error

Angry my cd player bugged out

About 3 months ago my fully loaded cd changer stopped working. the lights on the cd select were all blinking..then a horable sound erupted from the player. javascript:smilie('')
    Took the car to stereo Dr's..they were able to save 5 of the 6 CD. Replaced it with my 30 gb I pod via fm modulator, the shop wired my car for me for 50 bucks..sounds great
    One of the guys at the shop had made the comment that these multi disk changers always breakjavascript:smilie('')

changer

my changer just died at lunch today. i freaked out and immediately came to this site for help. i'm glad i did because even though it's still dead and i have 6 brand new cd's being held captive, at least i know now that i'm not the only one who's had trouble with their changer. i know now that they are basically trash and that i should consider it an opportunity to get a new and better system put in. my question for the forum is which systems do you recommend. are there any makes/models of aftermarket cd players and/or changers that have shown to work well with VX's? i see Pioneer a lot in these boards. is that the way to go? if so, which model(s)?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

And I am starting to see the writing on the wall as my CD changer is just beginning to skip... only a couple of times but perhaps it is now that I should change it out.

There is a TON on information on this subject using the Search function. I will need to know what systems can fit in the VX with out cutting into the dash or doing any modifying of the interior if that is possible.

You know, I've read all about the cd changer issue and it's made me decide, from the very beginning, to only put 5 cd's in instead of the full 6. I'm hoping its a problem with the last slot and I'll be saved the problems by simply not putting a 6th in. Anyone had problems with a non-fully loaded changer?