Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ECORS Race VX

2014 Update.........

We had our first race of the season over the weekend. There were 2 races, the first was a long 2 hour endurance race where you were racing the clock. The second was an intense 30 minute dash that was started motorcross style with lots of bashing and rubbing. I took 2nd in the first race and third on the second. I was down on power due to damage to the gass tank. I finished the weeking 2nd over all for the stock modified class.

shameless plug.... I could really use a rolling chassis to build a new truck this one has been beat to a pulp and has a bent frame. Anyone interested in hooking a racer up? Calling hcloud13..... did get lots of coments that it was awesome to see something other than a jeep racing and it is the favorite rig on the circuit. Was told even if I didnt do good I would still look cool!

Can anyone guess which one is the race truck???

and the not so pretty side.....

Last edited by Buffy : 05/12/2014 at 10:24 AM

Bad a** VX!
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Awesome!!!!!

First off, good look'in race car. sorry you twisted it. did you learn anything so it will be stronger and won't happen again.

Vehicross Family, he's putting the VX out there on his own.

pretty sure Buffy would say hell no, but maybe we can talk about setting up a annual kitty to buy some race parts for the cause,.... get A Vehicross dot Info Sticker on his race car.

will give this a bump in a few weeks, know everyone is MOAB crazy some more
    Last edited by rowhard : 05/12/2014 at 06:21 PM
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Awesome action shot!!!! Looking forward to more updates!

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    First off, good look'in race car. sorry you twisted it. did you learn anything so it will be stronger and won't happen again.

Vehicross Family, he's putting the VX out there on his own.

pretty sure Buffy would say hell no, but maybe we can talk about setting up a annual kitty to buy some race parts for the cause,.... get A Vehicross dot Info Sticker on his race car.

will give this a bump in a few weeks, know everyone is MOAB crazy some more
    Hmmmmm what did a learn..... Don't hit a tree at speed! . hit a tree so hard that it knocked the wire connectors off my gauges, and the main power wire for the winch. Pretty violent collision. But finished the weekend. Have to get all the damage corrected by June 14th when we race in Marion, NC. I figured out that I was leaking fuel out of the filler neck because some of the climbs were that steep.

that would do it,... but what I meant was anything you could do to strengthen the frame on your next VX racer

Ah got it.... We plated the front section when we did the solid axle swap. I would plate the frame down the entire length. Most of the damage is passenger side. The body damage you see in the picture is from a previous race. I am still investigating what maybe damaged after this last race.i will have to get rid of the factory gas tank and go fuel cell. Was planing on doing that anyway just not this soon. Having lots of issues up front with the SAS. I have too much down travel and I am hitting the top of the axle and breaking my air line out. Also hammering out my bump stops. Will probably go to air bumps and will move the front axle about 1 1/2 inches forward to see of that helps with that. So tonight the gas tank comes out and a more complete inspection.

The VX is feeling mighty tired after the race. I have lots of damage to fix. I had to cut the front axle back out and will have to completely remount it.

A nice shot showing the full hydro setup

Here is a shot of the switch panel that pretty muchs runs the truck

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    2014 Update.........
    Can anyone guess which one is the race truck???

and the not so pretty side.....

Both of my sides look pretty

It was fun watching the race. The best part was driving my VX to the pits and all the spectators looking at it wondering what the hell it was and why anyone would waste time on a "dinky" SUV like that...then Buffy drove by granted, his was a little more modified...

Thanks for coming out and supporting us last weekend. You have a very nice looking VX! Wish we could have finished better but only so much I can do with 2 wheel drive. We never did find where the front drive shaft went!!! We still were able to pass people without it and finished 6th overall.

Well it is that time of the year again, time for some bashing and banging fun. This coming Saturday I will be racing up at Ghostriders Park in Cumberland, Kentucky. The hot rod is primed and ready for some fun, hopefully I can keep it on all fours this race!

Good luck out there!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Drive her well...stay safe...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up