Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
with that heat, hell I would do 2 wks earlier!
Man you ain't kiddin' there!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
Traditionally it has always been the 2nd week if May. 1 week earlier is not going to miraculously change the weather. Some years its hot, some it snows! If you move it a few weeks earlier you got EJS going on....50+ rigs on a trail is not fun.
Of course we don't want to be anywhere near EJS, but "statistically", it's a little cooler the week earlier. And this year, it was quite a bit cooler the week before we arrived. Totally chance, I realize that...but if we move a week or two earlier, "statistically" we may hit a bit cooler temps. Many VXs were having elevated temps this year in the heat....is that common?

The "snow" ?.....wasn't that some tiny flurries up at the top of Top Of The World two years ago, that lasted like 5 minutes?....

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
but its only fun with the entire clan, that wins over weather!
x2!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
This year was warm, but last year was cold. There is no way to predict the weather based on one week or the other; I have seen everything from highs in the 60s to the 90s over the years.

Besides, most of you had air-conditioned rooms and vehicles anyway...
You're right, can't predict it, but "statistically".....

..and...A/C vehicles.....um.....well...maybe 5 minutes here and there....it was dang hot!