Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Proof that Isuzu actively supported limited VX sales?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    One point here: The M.S.R.P. already contains at least 20 percent dealer mark-up or in common parlance profit. The mark up sheet I shared goes well beyond that ."

so you think I was referring to that profit when I referenced "dealer mark up"?...um...no.... I didn't just fall off the turnip truck and accidently land on this car enthusiast forum.....and stay for 3 1/2 yrs...
    I believe in paragraph #5 I'm quite clear that I was referring to OVER MSRP MARK UP pricing.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

My apologies if I mis-represented your point. I stand corrected on your position.

Had VX's flown off the dealers lots Isuzu would have found a way to make more at a profit.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    If there was profit to be provided the shareholders, they woulda made more...
    How many vehicles can one point to in motoring history that have been test marketed in very-intentional limited numbers that later on expanded to big production numbers? Probably very few. That's why the VX was never destined for more than approx. 6000 units. The entire concept of try a few on the public makes no practical sense, at all. It's just not how it's done in vehicle marketing. There is no big toe in the water, kinda thing.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Sheeesh Blacksambo!!!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    For the love of Chrysler, if profit of every model was the profit model, then GT's and F40's and VX's would have NEVER been produced, EVER!! They were models produced to generate interest in the BRAND...
    Vixer Fixer

I'll take one if there is no price gouging involved.

Sorry Jo, didn't mean to step on your head-banger avatar, you posted right before I did...

I'll take one if there is no price gouging involved.
    If you took one of every loss-leader model produced, you could be a very wealthy man...

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    Had VX's flown off the dealers lots Isuzu would have found a way to make more at a profit.
    In a way they did fly year 1, in spite of premium pricing by dealers. approx. 1100 Astrals and nearly 1000 combined other colors. They only slowed down year II and III, but it was the same car, no substantial updates...no news value.

How many vehicles can one point to in motoring history that have been test marketed in very-intentional limited numbers that later on expanded to big production numbers? Probably very few.
    I'm not quite sure, but I think the FJ Cruiser falls into that exact category.
    I'd read numerous places and dealer also told us (yeah that's credible ) they were ONLY making the FJ for 3 model yrs...'07 - '09.

OK, great. We bought an '07, first year of production.....but....um....I think they may have gone beyond 3 yrs....like by a gazillion units.

It flew out of the stealerships, mega back order, mega Stealer Mark Up pricing...h3!i we couldn't even SIT IN ONE let alone test drive one! They had one black one pre-sold in the back lot, all we were allowed to do was look at it. And they had tacked on $3k dealer mark up and tried to "explain" to us how that was "necessary"..blah blah blah....

So...The Queen of all things Ebay turned to good ole' EBAY....scored one within 2 days, in St. Louis with 600 miles & leather interior added, and in the color & package we wanted. Flew there, dealership (private used lot with exotics) picked us up....we drove it home to Dallas, like 12 hrs.....All for $3,000 below what the stealership twit was quoting us for the lower model, and no confirmed color, and no promised delivery date.....

So, of course I had to drive over there the next day and cruise their lot..
    oh and I waved to the twit, and then showed him our leather interior ....OH MAN was that fun!!!!

Point of the story: Toyota made more of them than just 3 model years because they could sell as many as they could produce! Cha-Ching$$$$$$

Perhaps I should have qualified my comment to say made of metal-body construction vehicles, that is. (That was of course why Isuzu resorted to ceramic dies.)

How many vehicles can one point to in motoring history that have been test marketed in very-intentional limited numbers that later on expanded to big production numbers? Probably very few. That's why the VX was never destined for more than approx. 6000 units. The entire concept of try a few on the public makes no practical sense, at all. It's just not how it's done in vehicle marketing. There is no big toe in the water, kinda thing.
    I think that idea makes sense. I just don't think the dealer markup does much to support it.

i was under the impression that isuzu used the vx to rebuild its tarnished reputation after the law suits and not to make money (on this perticular model that is - with a better rep the other models should be the money makers) - and the dealerships do what dealerships do: make as much money as they possibley can however they can - so... isnt everyone kind of right here?

Funny thing is

Their bad reputation can be partially attributed to the GM/Isuzu partnership. Apparent GM figured it was better to buy a bunch of Isuzu stock and make them make crappier vehicles rather than improve their crappy products.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt