Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof that Isuzu actively supported limited VX sales?

Proof that Isuzu actively supported limited VX sales?

Just came across this pricing document from one of our '99 VXs original sale.

As you can see below the Isuzu dealer artificially marked up the price tag by a substantial margin, thus, limiting sales potential.

Perhaps, but that's just one theory. I bought my G35 coupe in the first six months they were available and most dealerships were tacking on a "market adjustment" of $2-3K (though I didn't pay one). In that case dealers were simply taking advantage of high demand and low initial supply. The car was a huge hit for Infiniti and they went on to sell 2-4K per month (during which the adjustment was dropped).

I think your argument would be more compelling if Isuzu was applying that markup in 2000 and 2001. By all accounts I've read there was ample demand in 1999, which I think makes a market adjustment an equally (or perhaps even more) likely explanation.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post

As you can see below the Isuzu dealer artificially marked up the price tag by a substantial margin, thus, limiting sales potential.
    SRSLY...

You need to be right so badly that you start a whole new thread devoted to your "OPINION"...

C'mon dude, let it go....

Ommmmmmmm, Ommmmmmmm, Ommmmmmmmmm...
    Last edited by Ldub : 05/29/2012 at 06:37 AM

The dealer is NOT Isuzu. Dealerships are independent contractors of a sort, and owned by entities other than the manufacturer.
    They charge whatever they can get.....Isuzu sets their conditional price (lot plan and crap) but it's pretty much the same for all stealerships.
    Out the door pricing has almost nothing to do with the manufacturer. Dealers charge what they please....your science is flawed mate

Call it what ever you will but this type of use, or in this instance misuse of the dealer franchise rights, in full view of Isuzu corporate, discouraged, not encouraged higher VX sales. I guess Isuzu didn't care?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Call it what ever you will but this type of use, or in this instance misuse of the dealer franchise rights, in full view of Isuzu corporate, discouraged, not encouraged higher VX sales. I guess Isuzu didn't care?
    Said it before, I'll say it again...

If there was profit to be had, they woulda found a way...& to quote someone near & dear...to you...

"Nuff Said"...

Well I bought my 99 new in April of 99 and the dealer didn't ask for a penny over sticker, so I side with the "No Conspiracy" clan.

OMG what a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense. I also want to see the the VX long form birth certificate and its alibi for 9/11. You have an independent dealer making a market estimated mark up. Never mind proof, it doesn't even rise to the level of evidence.

It's a smoking gun...

In someone else's hands. Dealers as a seperate entity is a great point that hadn't occurred to me at all. Even if Isuzu was aware they were incapable of mandating or banning a markup. And it would be silly to think that dealers would need to have a markup suggested to them to start doing it.

FWIW I think your argument about the halo effect and race entry requirements was far better than this stretch.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    There are several examples of Limited Class Homologation runs (specific build numbers for race entry)...

...that went on to mass production, because of public market DEMAND.

I personally believe that if the VX had sold in commercial numbers at commercial speed,
    at commercially viable prices....and the market DEMAND had been there.

Then a "VX Mk2" or such would of hit the market right quick.

JMHO...

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the world of marketing (which I know well) for a test market you absolutely control price. Once price floats out of control it says you have no concern with the future of that test market offering. It's no longer a pure microcosim test. That's all I'm saying; Isuzu sought not to control the fututre of the VX offering, it was not in test market to begin with destined for a future full-scale launch if successful at generrating a sufficent number of sales, and this is consistent with what was said in the "Art and Science" iSUZU video. They said ceramic dies used because they knew the VX was not for everyone, period. Let the dealers do as they may, this is not a long term proposition.

I know business well and no company turns down a solid revenue stream if they discover one, whether through a planned test or by accident.

If you let the price fluctuate in a test market you have nothing to take to the board or the bank. It's no longer a fair test, no matter what you discover, and besides nobody will believe you. What you are proposing runs against the basic scientific method.

What is funny about that picture is it saying "protecting the customer"
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke