Thread: Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber

This is not an endorsement, but I came across this in my local Craigslist. If this guy is legit he may actually have something here. Lots of pics of his supposed craftsmanship. Hey, worth a gander at least. Anybody ever heard of him or done business with him??

http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/3063905178.html

Check out the very bottom of this thread and you'll see this link:

Just got a few exterior items wrapped in 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

Interesting that he's offering to do it for remote customers, gotta believe shipping will make up whatever reduced price he can offer for anything of size.

How would this work?

Remove everything you want wrapped. Ship them out across the country wait weeks for it to be done and shipped back. No insurance or guarantee something gets lost and you cant find a replacement. Not my idea of a safe shopping experience
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Remove everything you want wrapped. Ship them out across the country wait weeks for it to be done and shipped back. No insurance or guarantee something gets lost and you cant find a replacement. Not my idea of a safe shopping experience
    your right, pity, he does nice work. I sold David (link that Ashley provided) a skidplate awhile back. Unfortunately, like so many, he lost his job and had to sell his VX.

At least you should be able to get an an accurate price quote since he did so many parts on David's VX
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

is this stuff really so hard to put on that someone else has to do it? looks like you just wrap the tape around the part and then cut it... maybe heat it a little to get the wrinkles out of the corners?

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    is this stuff really so hard to put on that someone else has to do it? looks like you just wrap the tape around the part and then cut it... maybe heat it a little to get the wrinkles out of the corners?
    That's pretty much it, yes. I've got a sheet of the DiNOC stuff that I'm going to try applying to the hood insert, once I get a few hours free. Of course, that's a pretty flat surface... If I have enough left over, I'll see what else I can cover reliably with it, though.

These Carbon Fiber Wraps are Fine but they are done with 3M Film. I had all my parts done by a Process called Water Transfer Carbon Fiber by Johnnyboy Camo in GLOVERSVILLE New York which is far Superior! He has his own Website and his Phone Number is (518) 775-5050 You also send him the parts and he sends them back fast with great pricing and Better Quality than 3M Film. I had my front grill, rear spoiler, dash bezel and other parts, he does fantastic work ! Try him, you will not be disappointed.

Have you seen the film side-by-side against your water transfer? One downside to water transfer (IIRC) is that the process destroys the surface of whatever you're covering, which means unlike film you can't undo your decision.

Like most projects

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    It's easy if you know what you are doing and have a talent for it but inevitably will get messed up if you don't

C/F Water Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Have you seen the film side-by-side against your water transfer? One downside to water transfer (IIRC) is that the process destroys the surface of whatever you're covering, which means unlike film you can't undo your decision.
    It is no comparison to the 3M Paper, Much Better Quality ! Also I got Spare Parts Done and I Have All My Originals !

What would you say makes it much better quality? Gloss? Finish? Color? Pattern? Reliability?

Carbon Fiber Water Treatment

Yes, All of the Above. The 3m film looks nice, I have my inside A Pillars done with that because I have a Black inside headliner. But my Dash Bezels, Front Grill, and Rear Spoiler look Much Better in Gloss, Quality, Etc, overall NO COMPARISON !

I've been thinking of buying an old import sports car and wrapping the entire exterior.