Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can You Name another Limited Production Low Cost Vehicle?

Re: Re: Opereative word...COOL...

Originally posted by Tonka
    It all depends on the person. A lot of people think the VX was too expensive when i tell them it was 30,000! Others do think it cost more. Some people (GASP!) don't even think it's close to being cool. The VX also didn't sell like hot cakes either. A local dealer complained he couldn't give his away. I wanted a Delorian.
    I wanted a DeLorian too, but but at the time i was in high school and the only thing in my price range was a Vette...CheVette that is. Which at the time sold for about $4,000 loaded brand new I'd guess the cost of living then was about 1/3 what it is today, so that DeLorian in 2003 dollars is closer to 100k.

The VX is similar to the DeLorian, people either loved it or hated it One difference is every year my 1999 gets newer in the minds of others, was just asked if it was a 2004 amazing.

If the VX was available in 1983 it would have to sell for around $10,000 which barely affordable for most, not exactly cheap, but in line with the dollar values of the period.

I just wanted to validate the statement that the VX is perhaps the only cool limited production original designed vehicle offered to the average Joe. I really want see if more vehicles can share that spot light, so please chime in if you know of any. Dayum we are lucky
    Last edited by Navigator : 10/15/2003 at 07:53 AM
    NAVIGATOR

How 'bout an SUV for the list? Remember the GMC Cyclone? Twin turbo and very fast. The truck version (can't remember what they called it) did the 1/4 mile on a wet track in the same time as the vette zr1 did on a dry track . The truck had even fewer color choices than the VX. It came in any color you wanted as long as you wanted Black!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

GMC Typhoon

If I can remember, the Cyclone was labeled a Ferrari killer.

Originally posted by Raque Thomas
    How about the Plymouth Prowler? I don't know how many were produced, I just know that I have seen -0- on the road (less than the VX) - and the price was in the VX range - $30K - $35K. This may be the only contender for a true limited production vehicle with a higher perceived value-------of course it's not much of an off road vehicle!
    I was quoted 45K for a prowler in 2001.
    Not sure if thats affordable to the average income person.
    It sure is a fine peice of ***** I mean metal.
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."