Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Engine is shot

Quote Originally Posted by Cptnmorgan
    The auction states it's for the 3.2 liter engine. Will this interchange with the 3.5 liter? It says it will work for the vehicross if it's a 3.2???? The VX never had a 3.2 in the U.S..........
    The 3.2/3.5 is the same block. The heads are slightly different with a longer bore/stroke to eek out the 8.5% increase in displacement.

The wiring harness should match up.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Was the four thousand you were quoted for a partial assembly or a long block?
    Don Viner
    Sunset Isuzu
    6211 L Street
    Omaha, NE 68117
    O - (402) 733-2227 ext 214
    F - (402) 733-0395
    M - (402) 505-2147
    don@sunsetisuzu.com
    http://www.sunsetmotors.net

Before this one gets too far gone with questions that may not be able to be answered by the original poster check the date on the last post before it got revived.
    Scott / moncha.com

About 2 weeks ago I do my bi weekly engine oil check and wouldn't you know I'm low. So I put 1 qt. in and everything seems ok, except for a slight tick. Fast forward to last night, I am driving home and I hear some awful noise over the radio. Turn down the radio and it sounds at first like something is vibrating, then I realize it is the engine. I was about two miles from home so I drove on. Let the beast sit for about half an hour and check the oil, it is reading about 1/8 of a quart high. Drain some oil out this morning thinking this may have been the cause as I have heard some engines hate having even a drop too much oil. Start the car and sound is awfull, even worse than before. Come on line to ask what everyone thinks and what do I see but this thread. The similarities are uncanny, it started as a little tick, no oil anywhere,on the ground, around the filter, nowhere. Then a loud knocking, my VX has 54K on it. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I see that Deermagnet has 1999 warranty info but does anybody know the particulars on the 2000s? I've heard everything from a 5/50,000 to a 7/70,000 warranty. I would love some info so I know where I stand.

Quote Originally Posted by YELWVX 1
    About 2 weeks ago I do my bi weekly engine oil check and wouldn't you know I'm low. So I put 1 qt. in and everything seems ok, except for a slight tick. Fast forward to last night, I am driving home and I hear some awful noise over the radio. Turn down the radio and it sounds at first like something is vibrating, then I realize it is the engine. I was about two miles from home so I drove on. Let the beast sit for about half an hour and check the oil, it is reading about 1/8 of a quart high. Drain some oil out this morning thinking this may have been the cause as I have heard some engines hate having even a drop too much oil. Start the car and sound is awfull, even worse than before. Come on line to ask what everyone thinks and what do I see but this thread. The similarities are uncanny, it started as a little tick, no oil anywhere,on the ground, around the filter, nowhere. Then a loud knocking, my VX has 54K on it. Has anyone else had any problems like this?
    Welcome to the board neighbor!
    Does it sound like a diesel engine? If so, search for EGR or EGR vavle and follow the advice posted and check the connection. If the connection is loose, it will rattle pretty loud. If the sound is seems like it's coming from the front of the engine...I would get it to the dealer or a mechanic asap. The #1 cylinder crank bearing is the one that seems to go. I have had my oil level not show on the dipstick a few times, but (knock wood) all is still well. You are right to check the level often.
    GOOD LUCK!
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Dropped my truck off today and received a call about an hour ago from the service manager. Good news, the engine is already on order and so far there seems to be no hassles. I asked if this was something they have seen before and was given no real answer but it wasn't denied either. For all of you Chicago are VXers I take mine to Family Pontiac, Olds , Isuzu in North Aurora. They have been pretty helpful and seem to treat warranty issues quickly and without alot of hassle. This is the same dealership that replaced all 4 of my rims 12 months ago due to peeling.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad vx
    I see that Deermagnet has 1999 warranty info but does anybody know the particulars on the 2000s? I've heard everything from a 5/50,000 to a 7/70,000 warranty. I would love some info so I know where I stand.
    New 2000-2001's have the 10 year/120K mile warranty. Cuts in half to subsequent owners. Details on what that covers is on the Isuzu.com website.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Talking Well Used 99

I have 99 with going on 141000 miles (started with 8000, dealer demo)...

I have noticed ticking noises on occasion but never progressed to anything

Not sure why some 99 engines are faulty

From the dealer; it seems rountine replacement of the timing belt and valve adjusts are important with this engine...

I would buy an extended warranty based on current knowledge, but I am sure the VX is too over the hill to obtain one...

http://www.rebuiltcarengines.com.......anybody know anything about this rebuilt engine sight