Thread: another rough idle problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

another rough idle problem

i know there are more than one post about the rough idle and im going through the steps to see what i can do but i have a few questions i havent found answers to yet - the whole thing started when i came back home and the engine was running perfectly - i go for a short drive and notice a little flutter like its not getting enough gas at a stoplight - get it back home and shut it off and i cant start it back up - pop the hood and try to start it again and it revs to 2k then back to 1k but still really rough idle - cleaned the pcv valve (again) and replaced the idle control valve but no change - ordered a new fuel pressure regulator and will try that next - ive also read that it could be the intake manifold gasket or the throttle position sensor which ive never replaced either before but im ready to do both if necessary - my question is what might be the best order to replace these and where exactly is the throttle position sensor? im dreading taking off the intake minifold... side notes: no check engine light, and this has happened once before but just the low idle not the dancing around of the tach - thats whan i changed the fuel filter and put a can of seafoam in the gas tank - all good for 3 months now this - like always any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by evillecutter : 07/05/2012 at 10:45 AM