Just got back from the OBX yesterday and I'm pumped to go back again. The park service opened Cape Point for driving just last week so I got a chance to check that out along with several other beaches, lots of cool places to take some group shots, grill out on the beach, etc.

The last two times I've stayed at this place (link is to the rates but you can click around for room pics):

http://www.outerbanksmotel.com/Site_...ges/rates.html

It's an inexpensive motel that offers regular rooms as well as condos and cottages all around a shared parking area (similar to "The Stoop"). Location is great, it's on the north shore of Cape Hatteras pretty centrally located between the various off road vehicle (ORV) beaches and attractions. Rates are pretty reasonable too; if we chose to stay here for a September or October meet we'd be paying the prices in the PreSummer/Fall column.

Tom did you reach out to SomeBeach? (I'll have to remember to bump this when you get back from vacation.) Do you guys have a preference between 9/15, 9/29, and 10/7? Hotel prices will be the same between all those dates, but obviously it'll be colder.

And anybody else interested?