Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Petersen Visit update...not lookin' good

"Then again, what do I know..." -y33trekKER

Best question I have seen you ask, good job, when you come up with something let me know! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Best question I have seen you ask, good job, when you come up with something let me know! :-)
    Further proof that you continue to not get (purposefully?) the "gist" of my comments (although that one was admittedly rhetorical, so I'll cut you some slack for not being able to easily figure it out).

But since you seem to need others to actually spell out what they're expressing, and since you apparently didn't find what's been the main issue in this thread (some of Petersons' specific fees) in any way crazy, here's one for you.

Since I've apparently been giving it away for nothing, I now plan to start charging a viewing fee for anyone who wants to look at my VX. Don't worry though, I'll give a price break on my fees to any members of the VX family here on this site, and all fees paid by said VX.info family members will go directly to this site.

Both issues addressed. Those of you apparently only too eager to pay to see VX's, and only too eager to see others subsidize something that you obviously spend WAAAY more time visiting (mainly to waste time on) than those you try to pressure into subsidizing for you, you can now be even more proactive in reaching your goals (not to mention the apparent goals you have for others).

Your answer was right there in front of you all along.

The Y33TREKker VX Vault
    Flexible Business Hours (Call for Appointment)
    1-800-CMY-VX4$

I have no idea what has gone on here...and page 3 apparently has a virus and Chrome won't let me open it. Anyways, sounds like there's not much interest in the VX-O2 now. Isuzu did say they'd approve the scan. But the Petersen hasn't gotten back to me yet if they would still wanna charge $2500 to scan it.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Baldwin, thanks for your efforts and your effort to get this thread back on track. Maybe Moncha can start a new section for those who want to try to change each others opinion on religion, politics and site fee'$?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I have no idea what has gone on here...
    I do, but it had nothing to do with my original joke. So while I'd be the first to apologize if my intent had been to hijack your thread or belittle your efforts in any way, that won't be necessary since it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    ...and page 3 apparently has a virus and Chrome won't let me open it. Anyways, sounds like there's not much interest in the VX-O2 now. Isuzu did say they'd approve the scan. But the Petersen hasn't gotten back to me yet if they would still wanna charge $2500 to scan it.
    Is the scan request being made for any particular reason? Is someone considering using the 3D plots to make a Mission To Mars VX02 replica?

Good luck with the Peterson whatever the reason. It at least sounds like not all the people working there are operating with the $$$ > cars brickwall mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I do, but it had nothing to do with my original joke. So while I'd be the first to apologize if my intent had been to hijack your thread or belittle your efforts in any way, that won't be necessary since it wasn't.
    Translation:

Well, I just read this thread front to back. All I have to say is: DAY-UM!!! There's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Baldwin - thanks for the invite but I'll have to decline. It's just too far for us East-Coasters unless we're gonna be there on bizniz anyway. Maybe if we all ask Petersen's real nice, they'll donate the VX02 to the Smitsonian & we can all visit her for free.

As for all the other 'discussions' going on in this thread:

"I have no response to that."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Translation:
    You said that, I didn't. I will say though that when someone starts in with some of the same old attempts at character assassination (or sideline potshots like yours) as have been directed at me here in the past, I obviously didn't start it, but I have no problem finishing it.

Do you not find it even the slightest bit ironic that some will point the finger at me for unnecessarily (in their opinion) clogging up a thread but at the same time seem to have no reservations about jumping in occasionally with their own two cents? And some people here imply that I think I'm perfect...

"I'm only paranoid because everybody is out to get me." - Frank Burns
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    As for all the other 'discussions' going on in this thread:

"I have no response to that."
    For the record, I wouldn't have had any either if some here knew a joke when they saw one.

For the record, I wouldn't have had any either if some here knew a joke when they saw one.
    Honestly - on my first read of your joke I too thought that you were slammin Baldwin. It wasn't till later in the thread that I realized that I was wrong.

Lightbulb

Do you not find it even the slightest bit ironic that some will point the finger at me for unnecessarily (in their opinion) clogging up a thread but at the same time seem to have no reservations about jumping in occasionally with their own two cents? And some people here imply that I think I'm perfect...
    I have 5 posts in this thread, 3 of which were on topic, the others aimed at pushing you guys to take it "offline" or adding a little humor to the situation.

You on the other hand have 20 posts in this thread. New day/thread, same bickering between the same people. As I said earlier in this thread, you guys clearly do this to show off for the rest of the forum. If you were really interested in changing each others' minds you'd bound it to PMs, phone calls, or fights in the parking lot. And if you guys didn't want the attention you'd just not reply to stupid or unfair attacks.

It's an open forum and you guys are certainly entitled to do what you want, but I for one would prefer if you didn't junk up a thread in which I have a legitimate interest. Just start a thread called "Same ****, New Day" and then I can just avoid that one altogether.

I have 5 posts in this thread, 3 of which were on topic, the others aimed at pushing you guys to take it "offline" or adding a little humor to the situation.
    Maybe you should also consider why you felt the need to play referee in the first place. Sure your posts started out as adding a little humor, but after a quick review, it didn't take long for you to start trying to play the bad@@@ internet referee did it?

You on the other hand have 20 posts in this thread. New day/thread, same bickering between the same people. As I said earlier in this thread, you guys clearly do this to show off for the rest of the forum. If you were really interested in changing each others' minds you'd bound it to PMs, phone calls, or fights in the parking lot. And if you guys didn't want the attention you'd just not reply to stupid or unfair attacks.
    Easy to say isn't it, and yet here you are again responding to what in your opinion are apparently stupid or unfair attacks coming from me.

While it's simply your opinion that some are trying to show off for the rest of the forum, I actually think you may be right about that. To add to what's simply been my own continued defense though, I've already told you that wasn't MY intent. I've yet to hear any such reply from some of the others who participated though.

And besides, you said it yourself, someone else started it. I mean, I ALSO saw certain people suggesting that the "discussion" regarding my joke should be relegated to PM's, only to see those SAME people KEEP posting in the thread. They can't have it both ways while pointing the finger at someone else...any more than you can VT. So who are you doing all this for?

It's an open forum and you guys are certainly entitled to do what you want, but I for one would prefer if you didn't junk up a thread in which I have a legitimate interest. Just start a thread called "Same ****, New Day" and then I can just avoid that one altogether.
    And you know, all I wanted to do was offer some humor with a joke, but what did I get in response again?...."same ####, new day". It seems some will seek others out regardless of where they post to try to settle old scores and play internet bad*$$es...which in my opinion too, is usually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Honestly - on my first read of your joke I too thought that you were slammin Baldwin. It wasn't till later in the thread that I realized that I was wrong.
    Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    It seemed obvious to me the "offensive" post was direct at the dumb-*** Museum Policy not at any member here.
    X2

The reason this thread went down hill is Jo refused (and apparently still refuses) to admit he was WRONG. Then the "Moab Mob" jumped in and aided in further digression.