Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Petersen Visit update...not lookin' good

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    So Treker...

By 'still not getting the gist' you mean that when...

You belittle the premise, and sarcastically parody the effort...
    ..on an event you state you wont be taking part in.

And you rudely dismiss Baldwins position...
    .... "" by simply calling myself an Education Program Scheduling Coordinator"'

All after admitting you "might" of missed something in the updates .....

Belittle the premise and sarcastically parody the effort? And you got all of that just because I considered a $2500 "Vault" fee somewhat ridiculous?

And not only that, it seems rather obvious at this point that the Education Program Scheduling Coordinator in this instance is the person at Peterson that Baldwin has been corresponding with in an effort to set up a group viewing. If that's not the case, I'll apologize to Baldwin personally...although I'm pretty sure that it would also be apparent to even him that the "gist" of my original post was joking in nature given the relative cost of the "Vault" viewing fee as compared to automotive museums others have mentioned in this very thread. I mean, do I REALLY need to repeat that $2500 figure AGAIN???

Yet when I simply call it "rather harsh"...

...it arouses this kind of defensive angst in you ?

You are right....I don't "get the gist".

And I'll leave it at that.

jo
    Well as I stated before, my comments were obviously directed towards the Peterson Museum and their outrageous pricing structure, and not at Baldwin himself (which will STILL be the case EVEN IF he identifies himself as the Education Program Scheduling Coordinator). Everyone else in this thread seemed to pick up on my intent...but not you...no...you instead chose to try to make this an opportunity to once again call my actions/character into question.

So defensive angst is one way to portray my responses (and once again, not surprising to me since it's coming from you), but another way to view you trying to portray me in that way is simply purposeful ignorance on your part in an effort to continue trying to settle an old score. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure this stuff out after all.

And I would say I'd leave it at that too, but for some reason I don't think you'll let this be the end of it, whether it be right away, or sometime in the future again like you've done in this thread.

And anyway...as I've already said...if you don't have a problem with that $2500 fee and can garner enough interest to defray the total amongst an adequate number of vault visitors...more power to you....Have at it. Given all the defensive angst you've put into your responses, it seems that a visit to the Peterson Vault would obviously mean a great deal to you on a personal level. And if you do, I honestly hope it lives up to all those grand expectations you so eloquently stated in your earlier response.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Now boys, do I have to send you to your room, can't we all just get along? (I think Rodney King asked that question...)
    Vixer Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Now boys, do I have to send you to your room..
    You can, but I have to inform you that sending me to my room is contingent on a $2500 surcharge since I currently refer to my room as the "Vault".

Don't know what else to tell you, that is simply current policy, and the fee can't be waived.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    LOL!! Troublemaker...

Yup PK...

....Peterson Museum is in LA.
    We took GAZILLIONS of photos last time..so yea, they are (where!) cool with that.

And hey, if you fly into LA, ya can co-pilot the ORW with me to..

..and at...

...Moab...if that fits your plans.

I may have a spare bed in the Moab room too if you wanna share...
    .....unless you snore louder than I do

Jo

Hmmm, sounds good Jo.

And all for a bag of cheese twisties???
    My wife snores - I don't.

We will need to talk a little closer to the time..

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Well treker.....despite saying I'll leave it, that length of retort deserves a reply...
    ...if only so ya know it wasn't wasted effort!

I think one of the problems is that so much is lost in written posts relative to
    intonation, diction and inflection...

For instance,,,your last line would seem to suggest that you think I haven't been to Peterson Museum...??

Surely not...but it reads that way

You also seem to suggest that I'm linking Baldwin and the Education Program guy.....as one and the same???

My bad if it read that way.
    Baldwin is taking the time/effort to deal with this guy AFAIK..and apparently got blindsided by the new rules.

My point (if it really matters anymore!!)..and the genesis of the simple "rather harsh" comment .....
    ...was about the perceived mockery/parody of Baldwins efforts on behalf of others relative to another Peterson visit.
    And it was compounded by the fact that it was coming from someone not even interested in getting involved.

Surely if you can poke fun/parody at Baldwins efforts with Petersons..
    ...then a simple "rather harsh" poke from me shouldn't lead to the this B/S.

As for "an old score"..lets spell it out.
    The disagreements we've had regarding the voluntary yearly $20 donation to help keep this site up and running,
    that you amongst others (are at liberty to) eschew.

The "old score" you allude to could be true in a rather petty world..
    ....but given I've made several very good friends here that don't donate either...
    ..I trust you now realize your postulation is flawed.

Ya know what Treker, I hope one day we get to meet and have a beer...
    ..and maybe even figure out that we are not as much at odds with each other as it sometimes seems.

Until then , I'd suggest we both need to "think twice...type once".

Jo
    Last edited by JoFotoz : 07/12/2012 at 11:28 PM
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    "A" bag of Twisties...
    Dude you get one t/shirt and one pair of clean underoos...
    ...the rest of your luggage needs to be Yellow, and twisted!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Hmmm, sounds good Jo.

And all for a bag of cheese twisties???
    My wife snores - I don't.

We will need to talk a little closer to the time..

PK
    Yea..we'll figure it out in 2013..
    ..but it could work out real well for us both.
    Who knows, after unloding all the goodies...
    ...you'll have room to take more ex ORW parts home to add to those already on your VX !

ATB

Jo

Well treker.....despite saying I'll leave it, that length of retort deserves a reply...
    ...if only so ya know it wasn't wasted effort!
    I'm honored.

I think one of the problems is that so much is lost in written posts relative to
    intonation, diction and inflection...
    Are you admitting to it, or implying it's me who is at fault?

For instance,,,your last line would seem to suggest that you think I haven't been to Peterson Museum...??

Surely not...but it reads that way
    Your description suggests that's what you perceived I meant by what I wrote, but it wasn't. And even if it had been...what difference would that have made anyway? Whether or not you've already been to the place is nothing to get defensive and angsty about IMO anyway.

You also seem to suggest that I'm linking Baldwin and the Education Program guy.....as one and the same???

My bad if it read that way.
    OK, your bad.

Baldwin is taking the time/effort to deal with this guy AFAIK..and apparently got blindsided by the new rules.
    I've already said that myself.

My point (if it really matters anymore!!)..and the genesis of the simple "rather harsh" comment .....
    ...was about the perceived mockery/parody of Baldwins efforts on behalf of others relative to another Peterson visit.
    And it was compounded by the fact that it was coming from someone not even interested in getting involved.

Surely if you can poke fun/parody at Baldwins efforts with Petersons..
    ...then a simple "rather harsh" poke from me shouldn't lead to the this B/S.
    I've already said that the intent of my joke was not directed at Baldwin. Are you even reading my responses??

As for "an old score"..lets spell it out.
    The disagreements we've had regarding the voluntary yearly $20 donation to help keep this site up and running,
    that you amongst others (are at liberty to) eschew.

The "old score" you allude to could be true in a rather petty world..
    ....but given I've made several very good friends here that don't donate either...
    ..I trust you now realize your postulation is flawed.
    That there has been nothing for me to realize is what you still do not realize. The description you just made of our disagreements regarding site donations is a clear indication that your interpretations of my comments remain flawed.

Ya know what Treker, I hope one day we get to meet and have a beer...
    I like beer.

..and maybe even figure out that we are not as much at odds with each other as it sometimes seems.
    Aside from your apparent predisposition to try to portray me negatively as you continually do, I never said that we were.

Until then , I'd suggest we both need to "think twice...type once".

Jo
    You first.

You know it's pretty nifty, after you click all the multi/quote buttons and assemble the text on the Advanced post page you can copy/paste that into a PM and it'll work there. Unfortunately you do lose the ability to show what an internet bad-*** you are in front of the other kids though.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Unfortunately you do lose the ability to show what an internet bad-*** you are in front of the other kids though.
    These kind of things wouldn't happen if everybody payed their 5 1/2 cents a day! Cut out a latte or two!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I would still be interested in doing this. Too bad about the scanning, although with enough well positioned photographs you can extract a 3D model anyway. It's called stereophotogrammetry.

If it doesnt pan out to shoot/scan the VX02 again...

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I would still be interested in doing this. Too bad about the scanning, although with enough well positioned photographs you can extract a 3D model anyway. It's called stereophotogrammetry.
    ...I'm sure that between all that went last time we can come up with
    plenty of pics for you to run a decent 3D extraction.

The fit was pretty good on the visible / exterior mods....

...but Oh Boy, the interior/hidden bracing etc was Heath Robinson personified

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I've been doing this all wrong.

Every time I've been approached in public by a curious party wanting to know more about my VX, I've ignorantly obliged for free.

But to now find out that I'd have been able to make thou$and$ by simply calling myself an Education Program Scheduling Coordinator, calling my garage a "Vault", and asking those people to schedule access in advance for a future viewing appointment in said "Vault" makes me realize I've been way too unselfish as a fellow automotive enthusiast.

Live and learn.

The Y33TREKker VX Vault
    Flexible Business Hours (Call for Appointment)
    1-800-CMY-VX4$

Settle down Jo it was a funny post and NO ONE but YOU thought he was attacking Baldwin

Wow...what a heated discussion. I didn't expect that considering the last few updates I gave had only a few responses. I purposely deleted the name of the person that works at the Peterson. I'm not the "Education whatever." I'm working with the same person that I worked with last time and her boss that gave us the free tour of the vault last time. They KNOW that the ONLY reason we want to go to the Petersen is to see the VX-O2. They are 100% sure that we would not go there for any other car. That being said, the Petersen was recently bought out and both the "Educational Coordinator" and her boss has been trying for the last few months to get the new management to either display the VX-O2 in rotation so that we don't have to pay, or waive the fee to allow us to view it in the vault. I'm also in communication with Chif at Isuzu Japan. He was one of the designers and he is able to get us written permission from Isuzu to scan the car. I have asked the Petersen if we have permission to scan it, would they still charge us the $2500 since it would most likely be in the vault or moved to an open area to make the scan. So yes, I've been very detailed and diligent to try to make this happen at no cost. The 2 people I worked with before are very understanding and want us there. But the new owners don't know us or the history of the VX-O2. My uncle was a major donor to the museum as well. He pulled out when the new management took place so even he wasn't able to get me the hook up. I hope that answers some questions. Thanks JoFotoz for havin' my back. We did get some great pics last time. Maybe one of us will one day make that mod. "West Coast Customs" quote is between $50k-$80k. GAS is interested to do it, but their legal department said "no" due to liabilities. Chip Foose never returns my calls. I didn't feel comfortable with the ghetto chop shops that said they'd do it.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Thanks JoFotoz for havin' my back
    Guess I was wrong