Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Petersen Visit update...not lookin' good

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Hey, it happens to everyone at one time or another...
    Vixer Fixer

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Baldwin, thanks for all you are doing to get us into that vault. Once was not certainly not enough-- I would love to see all those beautiful toys including our VX-02 again. Please, if you correspond with Chif again, send him my regards. He was instrumental in the big L.A. VX meet in 2001. Keep us posted and dont give up.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    ...Unfortunately you do lose the ability to show what an internet bad-*** you are in front of the other kids though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    These kind of things wouldn't happen if everybody payed their 5 1/2 cents a day! Cut out a latte or two!
    I stand corrected. Jo isn't the only person who apparently has difficulty getting the "gist" and intent of my comments (in this thread and obviously those of the past).

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I stand corrected. Jo isn't the only person who apparently has difficulty getting the "gist" and intent of my comments (in this thread and obviously those of the past).
    Well...at least he's in good company...

Last anyone checked, it was you, & that one other guy, that can comprehend the "gist"...

While certain other members queries, such as, & I quote: "what WOULD be an acceptable method of promoting site support", go unanswered...

You're obviously just that much smarter than everyone else...and that's gotta be tough...dealing with us "lower forms" in every aspect, of every waking moment, every day, for as long as you walk the earth.

Hope you're able to sleep well, it must be such sweet refuge...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Nope there are a lot of us, that in no way get your "gist" and don't really care to
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 07/15/2012 at 03:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Well...at least he's in good company...
    Even if it is all of you saying so yourself...right?

Last anyone checked, it was you, & that one other guy, that can comprehend the "gist"...
    Well it seems obvious that's the opinion that YOU are going to have. Opinions vary though.

While certain other members queries, such as, & I quote: "what WOULD be an acceptable method of promoting site support", go unanswered...
    On the contrary. I've explained my thoughts on that subject more times than should have been necessary. Some are aware and have actually said that it's you and some others who simply haven't understood.

You're obviously just that much smarter than everyone else...and that's gotta be tough...dealing with us "lower forms" in every aspect, of every waking moment, every day, for as long as you walk the earth.
    That's your opinion of me, not my opinion of myself. And quite frankly, it's those kinds of portrayals you continually try to make of me that I'm always trying to correct. You have your opinion of me, and you think you're right. You thinking that you're right doesn't actually mean that you are though.

Hope you're able to sleep well, it must be such sweet refuge...
    If that's some sort of indirect or subconscious request on your part to see for yourself how well I sleep at night, I'll have to respectfully decline. I don't play for that team...not that there's anything wrong with that. But since you seem so concerned for my well being...yes, I sleep just fine. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Nope there are a lot of us, that in no way get your "gist" and don't really care to
    And there's the rub. That you don't care to is why you never get said "gist".

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Trekker, don't feel so singled out....Jo has picked on me and picked through my words a bit in the past too. I usually just unplug for a few days to pout about it but I always come back for more, mainly because he's not the only *** I deal with from day to day and I shouldn't let just one *** bring me down. Get over it sweety, don't give him the satisfaction of f**king with your head. He likes that.

On the other hand, I personally have never been to California and a trip there, along with a museum stop to see something I couldn't see anywhere else, would definitely be worth some $$$$$ to me. I'd be willing to pay $300-500 for the fee, along with the other hundreds it would take me in fuel to drive my gas-guzzling VX.

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    Trekker, don't feel so singled out....Jo has picked on me and picked through my words a bit in the past too. I usually just unplug for a few days to pout about it but I always come back for more, mainly because he's not the only *** I deal with from day to day and I shouldn't let just one *** bring me down. Get over it sweety, don't give him the satisfaction of f**king with your head. He likes that.
    If he actually thinks he's f**king with my head with his comments, he really HASN'T been getting the "gist" of my comments.

On the other hand, I personally have never been to California and a trip there, along with a museum stop to see something I couldn't see anywhere else, would definitely be worth some $$$$$ to me. I'd be willing to pay $300-500 for the fee, along with the other hundreds it would take me in fuel to drive my gas-guzzling VX.
    And I'll repeat what I've said before. If you or anyone else is THAT inclined to see the VX-02 at that price, more power to you. I think it would be interesting to see too, and on one of my trips to LA in the past, it was me amongst the group of friends I was with who suggested the Peterson Museum as a possible stop while we were in town. So for Jo to have suggested that I wouldn't appreciate such a visit myself was yet another incorrect and uninformed assumption on his part.

Getting back on topic though, I remain unswayed in my opinion that Peterson requiring a $2500 "Vault" fee is simply ridiculous, especially when one considers that it would probably take one employee maybe half an hour (even if the VX-02 was buried/parked behind a group of other vehicles) to get it unburied and drive it around to the front garage/"Vault" door so everyone could simply have a quick look.

And it's not like I don't understand the reasoning you've suggested for being willing to fork over the $$$ to travel and pay such a fee to see the VX-02 either. I play golf, and years ago on one other planned visit to the San Francisco, CA area with that same group of friends, was actually considering paying the greens fees to play a round of golf at Pebble Beach as possibly one of those once in a lifetime experiences too. Now some would consider me crazy for considering that too, but as with everything and everyone, it simply comes down to each persons priorities. I like my VX, don't get me wrong. In my big picture though, it's simply not that high a priority.

And with all due respect, please don't call me "sweety". I prefer "honey" or "sugar-buns".
    Last edited by Y33TREKker : 07/15/2012 at 06:59 PM

Wow, you're really hyper-sensitive.....or at least it looks that way, Sugar-buns.

Wow, you're really hyper-sensitive.....or at least it looks that way, Sugar-buns.
    That's better, thank you.

Oh, and nice try. But opinions on who the REALLY hyper-sensitive ones are around here remains debatable considering who started all this crap in this thread because of an obvious joke.

Yeah, he IS kinda sensitive. I got a private message after my first post.......I'll leave it at that...lol

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Well yes VXobs I guess.....

...sensitive enough to continue to take this bickering away from this thread...
    ...and fortunate enough to get a lengthy PM reply from you to boot.
    Which I appreciated for many reasons...

But if you want to make public the fact that I sent you a Private mail....
    ...so be it.

The PM talked about you and I butting heads when you claimed to be "the one person here"..
    ... relative to knowing how to use and drive their VX the right way.

And I was far from the only one that took you up on that fantastical claim..
    ........with many pointing out both the fallacy of that statement and the arrogance of it ,
    not least because of your newish membership here, which clearly contributed to a lack of historical knowledge and fact.

I will repeat here what I said in the PM..

I am truly sorry if I offended you.

Given your posts here, and your reply to me..
    ....obviously it is something you are still "sensitive" about.

IMO your initial claim, and the derogatory way you generalized the "Moab Mob" etc.....
    ...kind of set you up for the mass rebuttal you got!

========

Seems the O/T part of this thread has highlighted a division of "style" between many of us...

This is essentially what I was trying to say days ago when I last discussed this O/T topic here...
    ....when I suggested that tone/inflection etc has a lot to do with the way things seem/come across live, relative to written.

And why I suggested that some of us need to think twice, and type once.

It was not meant as a me first, or as an anyone else first, suggestion...
    ...but maybe as a good plan for several of us that seem to bug each other now and then.

Jo
    Last edited by JoFotoz : 07/15/2012 at 11:09 PM
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

!!!! Truce? ....wink wink.....

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    But of course!

!!!! Truce? ....wink wink.....
    The PM's worked wonders

ATB

Jo