Thread: a/c compressor

a/c compressor

so finaly got the right comressor after the first two i ordered were wrong.all the parts houses say the vx has a hd6 gm compressor...WRONG.if any one needs you buy one for a 98 rodeo and you should be in good shape

many threads about this all the parts books are wrong - should be one of two models either DKV-14D or DKV-14G depending on which year you have - either look at the old compressor or sticker on the firewall on drivers side to know which one for sure

Mine just said zexel dkv.didnt say 14d or g.never knew the compresor info was on the firewall,that would have saved me a ton of trouble.anyone know the difference between the d and g models

99 and 00 models should have 14d and 01 should be 14g - i think the difference is in 01 they changed it to make it fit better (it has one less piece sticking out of it) but i could be wrong on that

A/C Compressor Confirmation

I'm about to order a new a/c compressor. I checked the sticker on the firewall of my 2001 Ironman (mfg Dec 2000) and it says DKV-14D. FWIW, not that you couldn't check yourself

If all goes well I'll be posting a photo how-to for replacing in a few weeks.

Hi guys. I just ordered a new a/c compressor-clutch on Ebay from a place in Texas. It claimed to be brand new and compatible with Vehicross. $160 with free expedited shipping. Though the numbers did not match anything listed here the seller's rating was 99.9% so I grabbed it anyway. I did this even though my mechanic is searching for a compressor right now. Bet my part arrives before they can even locate one. I find that parts are so difficult to obtain for our vintage Vehicross these days (they had to go to Australia to find an damned window regulator last year and a year before that they deemed it impossible to locate a radiator for my a/c so they had to just try to weld repairs on the one I have) that I now do my own searches to find them. Do you think I was a fool to take a chance on this part? Anyone else have experience replacing the a/c compressor with a part that does not match the number on the firewall?

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by windbiscuit View Post
    Hi guys. I just ordered a new a/c compressor-clutch on Ebay from a place in Texas. It claimed to be brand new and compatible with Vehicross. $160 with free expedited shipping. Though the numbers did not match anything listed here the seller's rating was 99.9% so I grabbed it anyway. I did this even though my mechanic is searching for a compressor right now. Bet my part arrives before they can even locate one. I find that parts are so difficult to obtain for our vintage Vehicross these days (they had to go to Australia to find an damned window regulator last year and a year before that they deemed it impossible to locate a radiator for my a/c so they had to just try to weld repairs on the one I have) that I now do my own searches to find them. Do you think I was a fool to take a chance on this part? Anyone else have experience replacing the a/c compressor with a part that does not match the number on the firewall?
    I'd find a new mechanic. Drive train parts are easy to find because the VX shares parts with Rodeos/Troopers.

The A/C needs to be a Zexel and should match the engine sticker. The correct compressor will look like the one below. Evil & I bought the same reman unit on ebay (listed under a rodeo??) for $200 and it works like a champ.