It looks like both people who have done the Axiom engine swap are no longer around here (iamironman and HMILLER). I've read all of the threads by iamironman and HMILLER regarding their engine swaps, and it looks pretty straight forward. Almost a direct plug and play, just need to swap the Axiom intake for the VehiCROSS intake and the engine should plug right into our transmission and the VX ECU should be able to control it.

My big question to anyone who has researched this, or who has an opinion (and who doesn't) is; what is the advantage of going to the Axiom engine?

It sounds like the Axiom had more horse power, but that was mostly due to the intake system on it. By going back to the VX intake it sounds like the engine gets back down to our stock horse power (maybe just a little more). I also read one of the posts (think it was Ashley (vt maverick)) that said that the Axiom that they owned ate oil too.

I like the idea of using a low milage Axiom motor, but it's still used and you don't know what problems you might be inheriting. Going with a re-built motor that uses new rings, pistons, connecting rods, etc. might be a safer way to go.

Decisions, decisions.....