Thread: Window Regulator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoVX View Post
    Has anyone come up with a replacement for the plastic clip that attaches the window to the regulator? Isuzu tells me that it only comes as part of the window. Amazing. The window is fine... just need the 2-cent piece of plastic that is glued to the window and bolts to the regulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
    Tim Parker of StreetBoutiqueCustoms.com
    Makes the metal brackets toreplace the small white plastic ones that attach to the glass.
    I happen to live in his vicinity so I had him install them in my truck, there's pics in my gallery of him doing it and shows what they look like.
    MANY of us have bought thee from Tim, and it almost always (but not all) solves the window binding problem. Charges about $65 for a set of 2.

Also makes Metal replacement knobs for the 4 plastic knobs on the spare tire cover.

There's a Passenger side Regulator on ebay for $49 (it's listed as a lock actuator...but that's apparently wrong..the pic is of a regulator)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_1318wt_653
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

For reference:
    Here's pics of both Driver and Passenger Regulator. One laying on bubble wrap is brand new Passenger side, other one is Driver side - used, and still has the window motor attached.

ON pic #2, it appears the white plastic pulley type thing in one of the corners on the used one has partially broken off....yet it appears it still functions that way???

DRIVER -USED

PASSENGER - NEW

Ok, from my junkyard experiences:
    The motors are interchangeable. I took the motor out of a trooper and swapped into our regulator.
    You can get an entire new assembly from isuzuparts for 100 bucks shipped to your door in <5 days.
    I did the tab upgrade from Tim. Worked awesome on driver's side, until my cable broke and eh on the passenger side. Better than it was, but even with the glass moved as far back as I can get it, still wants to rock forward if I roll all the way down. The plastic guide on the center rail is just too worn.
    Consensus, the plastic guide on the center rail is the problem, as well as the fact that the center rail curve does not match the curve the window must travel, poor engineering.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson