Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
Last night, I saw even more evidence that binding is caused by too much clearance. You can actually see it in my earlier photo:

First, the bracket angle appear to be smaller than 90*. I am not sure if it was suppose to be 90*, but it appears to be bent in a direction to cause too much clearance.

Second, if you follow the rail up, you can see it twisting, once again causing too much clearance.

Do we have any photos of this "metal rail" from when these trucks were newer?

In ether case, I will need to purchase a DS glass run, are they still available from Issuzu? - YES, still available, about $65.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post

Right now, I am leaning toward new glass run AND straightening of the “metal rail” as being the ultimate solution. So I can see why Allison’s problem wasn’t fixed with a new regulator and new window run. But first, I want to see if I can find some photos of this rail when it was new(er)! I hope someone can help me find it!

1) Just so I'm clear, are you saying thru regular use, the glass and glass run actually caused the forward vertical metal channel (that my screwdriver tip is pointing to) to bend/twist?

2) The bracket you're asking about the angle…It was never 90 degrees, it's just as in your picture and mine.
I tried to move mine (to be a smaller angle), but I really only moved it maybe 1mm, if that.

"Phines" wrote up a "How To" on how to bend that bracket and widen the vertical channel:

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...ewarticle&id=3

3) Anybody have a pic of the vertical metal channel "twisted"?

4) Here's two threads on BUNGEE CORD fix:

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
Here, I'll save her some mouse clicks:

…and yer point iz?