Thread: Window Regulator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

OH BOY OH BOY. The shop thinks they fixed it. I stopped in and they were still working on it. I will pick it up in the morning and post pictures.

SO, they removed everything and started over. He said one of the plastic mounting brackets was broken, so he had to get new ones. ISUZU HAD THEM IN STOCK! WOW!!! And the replacements are now metal?! He said they only attach with a plastic (DUH) set screw to the glass, so he used window adhesive to mount to the glass. He had to place several washers under the right side on the top and several on the right side on the bottom (where I had the gap between the regulator guides and the track). He said it stays on the track with no problems but slows a little when the glass gets to about 3" from the top.

I won't be able to test it for 2 days until this adhesvie dries, but I'm excited. He didn't charge me any labor, just $35 for the replacement brackets.

I feel really bad because they started on it at 8am and just now getting done. But I'm thrilled it might be fixed!

Fixed....BUT SLOW!

Well it appears they fixed it. It goes up and down with no tilt now, but it's really slow and REALLY slow at the top. Also, the rubber on the top of the door panel that runs along the glass now flips under when the window goes down. Maybe due to the shop moving the glass closer? Not sure, but at least I can tint the windows now. Here are some pictures on how they repaired it.
    (This is the passenger door)

Before:

Bottom right track after shimming:

Top right track after shimming:

New metal glass mounting brackets from Isuzu:

This is how the guides seat now:

Any suggestions to keep the top rubber gasket from buckling under?
    Last edited by Allison3371 : 02/02/2013 at 10:14 AM

Also, this is how he had to relocate the top guide bolts:

My guess…
    that strip has multiple fasteners along it that fasten to the metal tabs on the door shell…sounds like he didn't line it up and hook onto each fastener. Once fastened, that strip can't flip down.

You can pry it up starting at the door lock knob. Be very careful doing it as that has a metal rod inside and if you bend that, it will be a PITA to get it back flat.

ALSO…the slowness TOWARD THE TOP….means it NEEDS LUBRICATION!!! Review the posts that talk about lubricating the rubber channel. Very important, or you'll end up burning out your window motor. Can use 100% pure silicon spray, Teflon Silicone, Dive Silicone

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...47&postcount=8

And consider the discussion earlier in this thread about whether the vertical metal channel needs to be windened and possibly moved a little forward. I, and many many others have done that, with great improvement in the slowness, as it relieves some of the pressure/friction on the front edge of glass along the rubber track. LeonR disagrees with this theory however.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Here's pics of that strip…it's got rubber on the top, but it has metal in it and bends easily!
    It hs some fuzzy stuff along the strip to keep dirt out of the window mechanism, and to clean the window (somewhat)

Glad you got it fixed!!!

I got the regulator from Buffy over the weekend. I'm all ready to install then modify/fix my old one ... as soon as I get my VX back!!!
    Last edited by tom4bren : 02/04/2013 at 07:22 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.