So I replaced my Alternator with an AutoZone one on April 30th and battery light still did not go off, so AutoZone replaced battery for free, still light on. So I went through a crazy process of trying to track down many electrical problems before my shop just telling me it has to be the alternator, so I topok it back into AutoZone, and they tested it and it showed up as ok, so they gave me a new one 5 days ago, well that one was even worse, it did not kick on AC, it caused the tranny to not shift down to 1st in D, burnt out my fog lights, blew my fuse in my AMP, and cause the engine to overheat due to tranny issues. (Engine has NEVER previously overheated even in TX heat for 8+ yrs now)

So my shop replaced with an alternator rebuilt with quality parts here in the good ole USA and all problems are now gone. Something to do with the cheap diodes and voltage regulators that the AutoZone rebuilders use are not compatible with our VX's at the moment. Yes it was the right part, no it does not work with our VX's. Rebuild shop said they are seeing this more and more with AutoZone "lifetime replacement parts".

AutoZone eventually gave me my money back after some polite complaining and showing them the report and tests done by my honest shop. Oh well. All is well now :-)