Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scary Stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scary Stuff

The US gov is detaining a Marine veteran... for his patriotic face book posts. His name is Brandon Raub.

According to a Fox news report

"Police -- acting under a state law that allows emergency, temporary psychiatric commitments upon the recommendation of a mental health professional -- took Raub to the John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell. He was not charged with any crime."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/20...#ixzz249WtBWF1

"In one message earlier this month according to authorities, Raub wrote: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads.""

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/20...#ixzz249W5tb2F

Other posts seem to have been of a 9/11 truther type.

Maybe I'm missing something, but a few things seem a little bass-akwards with this story.

Someone suggesting U.S. government complicity in the 9/11 attacks would probably be among the last types of people that Fox News would actually be defending, except of course for the fact that NOW the administration in question just happens to be Democratic, a branch which Fox can never seem to find ANYTHING good to say about.

So I guess who cares if the guy made a comment on a public message board about sharpening an axe and severing heads, as long as Fox can use the incident in some way to demonize the existing (Democratic run) government, even if the "government" in question that is actually taking action seems to be more local than national in scope? But what difference do those kinds of details really make in the end...right?

I wonder how long it will take for this "new outrageous abuse of power by Obama" to make the email SPAM rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV77 View Post
    The US gov is detaining a Marine veteran... for his patriotic face book posts. His name is Brandon Raub.
    "Patriotic" is reaching.

I think it would be scarier if the US Gov (a uniformed Marine, for example) were to make public statements on 9/11 conspiracies, among many other questionable topics. Last I checked, this wasn't a Banana Republic where we have military coups.

If it were a private fb post, or by a simple college student, I defend the right. In this case... Move along, nothing to see here.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

Ive been fallowing this story since about an hour after it happened. hes not the first one this has happen to ether.

"Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads." Is a song lyric.

"Police -- acting under a state law that allows emergency, temporary psychiatric commitments upon the recommendation of a mental health professional -- took Raub to the John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell. He was not charged with any crime."

The FBI, SS, and COPS made the determination, not a trained mental health professorial. Also, they took him straight to the hospital that was waiting for him, in a pre planed detention.

Check this one out too:
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/index...friendly/48845

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV77 View Post
    The FBI, SS, and COPS made the determination, not a trained mental health professorial. Also, they took him straight to the hospital that was waiting for him, in a pre planed detention.
    Directly from the linked article:
    Col. Thierry Dupuis, the county police chief, said Raub was taken into custody upon the recommendation of mental health crisis intervention workers.
    As a seperate comment: If the guy walked into a college (let's say, oh I don't know, Virginia Tech) and blows away 32 people, the public villifies the college and local law enforcement for ignoring warning signs and not forcing the shooter to get help. But apparently if government agencies act before a mass shooting it's a crazy overreach of power. Gotta love the irony.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    A HUGE X2...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    As a seperate comment: If the guy walked into a college (let's say, oh I don't know, Virginia Tech) and blows away 32 people, the public villifies the college and local law enforcement for ignoring warning signs and not forcing the shooter to get help. But apparently if government agencies act before a mass shooting it's a crazy overreach of power. Gotta love the irony.
    Unfortunately the actions of a minority are impacting the majority.....

Freedom of speech is of course one of the corner stones of this country.
    However, due the the actions of a few, we are very rapidly becoming
    a "better safe than sorry" culture.

Its a pervasive trend that I don't see changing anytime soon.

Obviously this often breaks down along political bias...
    ....which is a shame.
    Because frankly, given the 'climate'....I am a "better safe than sorry" proponent.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    And our friend Mr. Benjamin Franklin would say:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Safety may be temporary but death is definitely permanent.

I tend to lean more towards liberty and freedom over Big Brother, but my views are "evolving" as Mitt might say, now that I have children of my own.

Tough issue.

X2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Thumbs up

X3
    Last edited by VXR : 08/22/2012 at 05:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Directly from the linked article:

In this day and age its better to put anyone in doubt under intense scrutiny IMHO!
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Happens quite often to many individuals not just Military. My Best Friends Father was detained for no given reason for 2 years. His family was only allowed to see him once every 3 months, he lost his job, they almost lost everything they had. He was born in the US and was a 100% american. This was back in 2005 under a totally different administration. After 2 years he was let go, never given a reason, he is a construction worker that never uses a computer and doesn't even have a cell phone.

Just adding..

Here is the statement made by the police:

Chesterfield Police assisted federal authorities in their efforts to interview Brandon J. Raub on Thursday, Aug. 16. After speaking to Raub, officers believed him to be in need of further evaluation. Chesterfield officers at the scene contacted Chesterfield Mental Health Crisis Intervention. Crisis workers recommended that police take Raub into custody and bring him in for evaluation. Chesterfield police took Raub into custody for evaluation in accordance with Virginia State Code § 37.2-808 Emergency custody. Raub was placed in handcuffs after he resisted officers' attempts to take him into custody. Raub was evaluated by a Chesterfield mental health official, who determined that he should be held under a temporary detention order and transported to John Randolph Medical Center for additional evaluation. Raub was not arrested and he faces no criminal charges in Chesterfield. As this is not a criminal matter, Chesterfield police have no further comment.

http://chesterfield.nbc12.com/news/n...t-brandon-raub

As far as
    a pre planed detention
    do you think that calling to ask for guidance may have alerted them or that the officers in question said, "OK we're bringing him in."

there were no mental heath experts on the scene, calling them was to cover there butts.

have you ever heard the term false flag attacks? its a very common and effective strategy, used to justify attacking and vilifying people or groups that are targets of a government, ours or fouren, that have done nothing wrong. (sometimes they are threats that cant be proven) I recognize this tactic, because i created and participated in false flag attacks against "threats" of the US from 1998-2004 wile serving in Army.