Thread: Need someone to test a product for me.. LED's

Need someone to test a product for me.. LED's

Hey guys, I need a huge favor from one of you guys. As many of you already know I don't own a VX (I have a 2003 Rodeo), but i'm trying to get some cool LED products for a decent price for you guys and I got some super bright 5W CREE 1156 projector bulbs on the way to me for your reverse lights. It will probably be at the end of next week or even next Monday until I receive them, but when I do I need someone to test a set out in their VX, and maybe take some pics for me so I can guarentee they will fit in the VX taillights and see the output of them.

If the volunteer decides to keep them i'll let you have them for the price I get them for so I won't be making any profit from them. If not then i'll pay for the postage for you to send them back to me.

If anyone is interested in doing this for me shoot me a PM and let me know so we can work out a deal.

Thanks!

-Max

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I'll be a test subject. For Sure.

Sweet. That's all I need for now guys.

Hopefully these will work in your VX taillights so you will have a plug and play option for super bright reverse lights.

I'll make sure to get some good pics.

You and I could then do a side-by-side... I've got the pirannah-based ones. I think they're too dim...

Sounds like a plan Michael. I also want to stop by to show you the new headlights...they're almost complete.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Sounds like a plan Michael. I also want to stop by to show you the new headlights...they're almost complete.
    oh i wanna check out the new toys too. cant wait for this weekend to show off your VX to my friends HAHA. i always tell my other buddies about my badass isuzu and they all just give me a weird look. Glad your coming up
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I should have the LED's sometime tomorrow, so i'll most likely get them mailed out to you on Friday Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    oh i wanna check out the new toys too. cant wait for this weekend to show off your VX to my friends HAHA. i always tell my other buddies about my badass isuzu and they all just give me a weird look. Glad your coming up
    That's funny, I have a friend who wants a 4runner and I keep telling him about how capable your runner is on the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper 03 rodeo View Post
    I should have the LED's sometime tomorrow, so i'll most likely get them mailed out to you on Friday Jon.
    Awesome, I'm excited to get them installed

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    That's funny, I have a friend who wants a 4runner and I keep telling him about how capable your runner is on the trails.
    i can always shoot him some pics

all ive really done is armor(a lot of armor now), 3" lift, and tires. Other than that its stock.

I got a pleasant surprise today.. Check them out!

194's on left, 1156's on the right. The 1156's have a bigger chip in them so they will obviously be brighter than the 194's. They both are suppost to put out around 300 lumens per bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i can always shoot him some pics

all ive really done is armor(a lot of armor now), 3" lift, and tires. Other than that its stock.
    That's what he wants, keeping it close to stock but still being able to use it offroad. Having the e-locker helps a lot. Maybe i'll take some pics this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper 03 rodeo View Post
    I got a pleasant surprise today.. Check them out!

194's on left, 1156's on the right. The 1156's have a bigger chip in them so they will obviously be brighter than the 194's. They both are suppost to put out around 300 lumens per bulb.

So... which one is compatible with the tailight? They appear to have different connections.

So... which one is compatible with the tailight? They appear to have different connections.
    I bought 2 different bulb types to sell, 194 connector bulbs and 1156 connector bulbs. I have a bunch of each kind of bulb, I just took a pic of each type together so I didn't have to take a ton of pics of each one.

I sent you 2 of the 1156 bulbs which will plug right into your VX reverse light sockets. One thing I was concerned with is the length and the diameter since they have a large heatsink around them, so I want to make sure they will fit into your VX tallights properly without being to long or big around. They should plug into your socket no matter what though since yours has 1156 plugs.