Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UGH. MIGHT have to sell my baby...

Well, I put a carseat in the back seat when I took my buddy's little girl around. Was pretty easy to do from the rear door. Of course I can't do that now cuz I took out the rear seat on both my VX's.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post
    Well, I can give you some insight. My daughter is 4 years old now. Loves riding in the VX (bouncy buggie). I have just made sure that the driveway had two other 4 door vehicles in the driveway. My VX was a weekender for awhile, blowing the dust off her now.

And I am in the same boat, my second child is due this spring. There will always be a VX in the garage.

Hope this helps..... Keep it
    chris
    +1 - Putting a second child through the back isn't bad at all, especially for the first year while their car seat is rear facing. I haven't figured out how to get both of them in now that the little one is facing forward though, mostly because our 3 year old isn't strong enough to buckle and unbuckle herself just yet. Damn Isuzu engineers and their disregard for backseat access.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Damn Isuzu engineers and their disregard for backseat access.

For crying outloud Mav, our VX is a 2-door coupe!!! Heck, 99.99% of all 2-door coupe's ever built have a worthless and unusable backseat anyway with extremely difficult accessability, regardless of type of vehicle (car, truck, or SUV). Oftentimes, manufacturers only put a backseat in 2-door coupe vehicles in an effort to keep insurance rates down so as to classify it as a family car and not a traditional 2-seater sportscar.

The VX being a 2-door coupe is the primary #1 reason I bought it. If the VX was a common 4-door like most other SUV's on the planet, then I would have kept lookin'. For that reason, the new Range Rover - Evoque in 2-door coupe form is the only current SUV worth buying as a brand new SUV Coupe type vehicle off the showroom floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    For crying outloud Mav, our VX is a 2-door coupe!!! Heck, 99.99% of all 2-door coupe's ever built have a worthless and unusable backseat anyway with extremely difficult accessability, regardless of type of vehicle (car, truck, or SUV). Oftentimes, manufacturers only put a backseat in 2-door coupe vehicles in an effort to keep insurance rates down so as to classify it as a family car and not a traditional 2-seater sportscar.

The VX being a 2-door coupe is the primary #1 reason I bought it. If the VX was a common 4-door like most other SUV's on the planet, then I would have kept lookin'.
    At the time we got pregnant with our first we owned 4 two-door vehicles (Honda Accord Coupe, Infiniti G35 Coupe, '65 Ford Mustang, Isuzu VehiCROSS). Before that I owned an '85 Mercury Cougar and an '84 Chevy Camaro. The VX has the worst backseat accessibility BY FAR. For me the frustrating part is that the backseat area is so spacious that the terrible access seems more like a cruel joke than anything else. IMHO they should have either made the backseat smaller (or eliminate it altogether) with the current access or made the front seats slide farther forward. Do you think Tone's/Welder Guy's seat sliders really impact the VX's coupe styling and presence? I don't and they make the backseat area WAY more usable.

Btw, let me help you with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    For that reason, the new Range Rover - Evoque in 2-door coupe form is the only current SUV worth buying (in my opinion) as a brand new SUV Coupe type vehicle off the showroom floor.

Couple's who initially own a 2-door coupe vehicle(s) and later start a family have a decision to make afterward-- deal with the rear seat inconvenience; or, use an alternate vehicle that is more family friendly with 4-doors.

BTW, please name any other brand new 2-door Coupe SUV's available on the U.S.A. showroom floor besides the R/R - Evoque???

Certainly wouldn't argue that a decision has to be made, just as I think it's silly to argue Isuzu couldn't have easily made that access better without compromising the design vision. It's not like I'm arguing for suicide doors here, just another 3.5 inches of forward movement from the chairs. The only reason to think the access design wasn't a blunder is if you believe God himself reached down to divinely inspire Isuzu's designers such that they couldn't make any changes. And I haven't seen our prophet show up in this thread yet so hopefully nobody thinks that.
    Last edited by vt_maverick : 09/10/2012 at 08:22 AM

Btw I'm surprised BMW hasn't released a two-door version of the X6/M6 - that would rival if not beat the Evoque for styling IMHO.

Or better yet a two-door version of this:

Heck Nissan did it with the Murano, maybe they'd do it for the FX too. Fingers crossed...

Hmmmmmmmmm....you could always buy another VX, cut them both in half and add 2 more doors.

Just sayin'

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    The whole argument is fricken rediculous! If you needed a kid-carrier, then you should have bought one! The VX was a concept vehicle, HELLO!! It had a purpose, and it wasn't to transport rugrats. "Why, oh why, won't my Harley transport my family of five?? What a piece-o-crap!" Yes, the argument is just that lame. Sorry guys, I really don't get it...
    Vixer Fixer

No Scott the VX was a production vehicle with many, MANY differences from the actual concept vehicle, all of which were aimed at either lowering production costs or making the vehicle more livable on a daily basis. Adding one small and cheap item (sliders) to that list of compromises would have been easy, I just think they either overlooked it or thought about it and couldn't come up with anything at the time.

Anyone care to suggest that Tone's VX was less sporty because he created and installed the first set of sliders? I mean he's a blasphemer right? Heck I'm surprised his VX didn't explode in a ball of fire in that picture where he's airborne, it really shouldn't have been possible with those design compromises.

RIP Tone BTW. I bought my set of sliders directly from him right before he passed. Every time I take the kids in and out of the VX I'm thankful for his contributions.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    No, I got ya Ashley, but really when ya think about it, the VX wasn't designed or manufactured as a family-friendly carrier. It was put out there to show what Isuzu could do with a sport truck. That's not to suggest they couldn't have taken a more family-friendly approach, they chose not to...My lame analogy with the family-friendly Harley was an attempt to make that point!