Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gilbert MN....October?

Gilbert MN....October?

Anyone up for a trip to Gilbert, MN in October?

I am definitely going to be up there the weekend of September 30 for a weekend of camping & wheeling, but looking at heading back up there on October 13/14.

Any interest??
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

At this point in time, me & Hunny are 85-87% down...Jim is most likely 143%...

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Thanks Kate for putting it out there. Looks like at this point, I've got about a 50/50 shot at making it. I've been helping out with my 86 year old mom down in the cities after hip replacement and I'm never sure from one week to the next what's up. So, finger's crossed! I know, TMFI...
    Vixer Fixer

I'm new to the community and wheeling in general, but this would be the closest meet I've seen yet. I'm in the twin cities but I could definitely make it up if we lock down a weekend. Is there a specific park or area in Gilbert?

I might be able to make this. I'll for sure be making a trip up to Cotton, MN in early October to scout and have some fun on a 4 mile unmaintained logging dirt/mud road. I'll see if I can find a picture of the road from past visits. Throw this address into google maps: 8305 County Highway 15 Cotton, MN 55724. The road goes to the northeast.

I, Ldub, Jim, Kenny and others have traditionally held a fall run at Gilbert (Iron Range OHV Recreation Area, to be precise). You need the OHV sticker (available at the same places you get tabs), otherwise entrance is free. They will also test your exhaust noise; basically if you have a functioning muffler you will pass.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/ohv/iron_range.pdf

I'd be up for either weekend so far.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Here is Greg (OrionVX) at Gilbert a couple of years ago.

Too bad he is in Texas now...

Traded 99 Astral Silver 1492 for 2012 Tucson
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian08 View Post
    I'm new to the community and wheeling in general, but this would be the closest meet I've seen yet. I'm in the twin cities but I could definitely make it up if we lock down a weekend. Is there a specific park or area in Gilbert?
    Your hometown is sure familiar. My dad's family was in Oskaloosa until they passed away and my mom's family was from Fremont. I grew up in Cedar Rapids. Nice to have you in the group.
    Mike

Thanks for the shout out Mike. I was actually only in Oskaloosa for a couple years, but I'm in Minnesota now.
    To all you other Minnesotans, I mounted 33" mud grapplers on my vehicross earlier this year and I still haven't done any real off-roading in them. Let's set a date and see what they can do.

ALL right! I like seeing the interest!

I am now locked down for October 13/14. Will that work for everyone? A couple of guys from the North Shore Wheelers will be there as well. One will be coming from the cities, so we will be camping!

We always camp at Sherwood Forest campground if anyone is interested in camping. The best part about staying there is that you never have to go on the road to get to the OHV park.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the VX's are capable of! I will have my Jeep so hopefully I am still allowed in the group WOOT!

Edit: The OHV sticker is available at the DMV and also at the park in Gilbert. It runs about $40 and you must have CASH or CHECK if you wait until you get to the park. The sticker is good for 3 years. Every year there is a sound check at 2500 RPM which you will pass as long as you have a muffler. They put a sticker on your window with the year. Each day you check into and out of the park. It is JUST that easy!!
    Last edited by jeeperkate : 09/10/2012 at 02:09 PM Reason: Sticker

I got my sticker earlier this year, and October 13/14 works just fine. See you up there!

YES!! Anyone for Table Top?

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    OMG, that looks just like the IROHVRA!!

OK, Oct. 13th weekend is on the calender. Dunno if I'll be camping or hoteling, we'll see how the weather looks. I know Ldub and Jim are not into the camping thing. The Budget Host Inn looks quite affordable, $45 AAA rate.

I reserved two tent only campsites (overlooking Lake Ore-B-Gone - Sites E6 & E5) at Sherwood Forest Campground for the weekend of October 13 & 14. It's looking like the NSW's will only need one campsite, so the second one is free for anyone to use. Two tents per site allowed.

My man-friend and I will head up there on Friday the 12th and stay until Sunday the 14th - wheeling both Sat & Sun if our rigs hold up

We generally get to the OHV park around 9:00am if that works for everyone?

Look for my white Rubicon (pink in the grill) and this buggy (green hood & black sides) -