Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Isuzu dealership sign

After difficult negotiations, and buying a $30K Ford Fusion, I finally negotiated a final price I could live with, not what I offered, but low enough for me to buy them. I am now the proud owner of some genuine Isuzu dealership signs. Having said that, I am selling a few of them to recoup my costs so I can buy some Indy4x HD torsion bars.
    Ash has 1st dibs, then VXorado, then tysamigo and after that, they are up for grabs. Here a few pics of what is available with the prices. We will have to figure out shipping, I have a corporate UPS account, so that will save a bit. These signs are 15 yrs old, so some sun fading, and on the oval, some minor cracking on the inner edges where it was glued to the giant red banner. The actual face is in great shape and would make a perfect clock or light.
    The oval is 24" in diameter. $150 plus shipping. SOLD

The lettering is 12" tall by 72" long. I had to climb inside the sign to get them out, I thought they were individual pieces $100 each plus shipping. They are in perfect shape, dirty, but no cracks or anything, would be perfect for a 6' fluorescent bar/garage light. I have 1 of these available.

Last edited by Marlin : 10/10/2012 at 06:34 AM Reason: update availability

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Nice, let me know what's available after Ashley decides.

Eagerly waiting in line...
    ---------

Ty

Hmmm... thought there would be more? I'll pass on these, thanks for remembering me though!

All right I'm up. Marlin can you tell me about the letters some more? It looks like a solid fiberglass piece, does it mount to anything? How would you add a light?

VXorado is up, they are a hard plastic. As far as lights, just get one of those standard 48' fluorescent fixtures from Lowes for 12 bucks,and you can mount it to the back, build a wood frame or aluminum or whatever you like. There is plenty of border on the lettering to drill holes, and so on. You could also use a jigsaw or sawzall and separate the letters if you would like. All that is up to you. You could paint the lettering face red or vice versa. The dealership sign was a giant 1/4" thick steel with the lettering cut out. They push the plastic through the steel and put lights behind it. The same could be done with wood if you were so inclined. It would make a great man room/game room light or go the metal route and make a garage light. I am going to turn one of the ovals into a light for my man room/family room. Same for the Zu parts and service light. I may have one more sign to get, the other parts and service, although it does not say Isuzu. I just got to find a 20' ladder so I can get to them. My 14' is not tall enough
    Let me know if you want anything.
    They sell 12" round light fixtures for 30 bucks, that is what I am using for the other oval.
    Last edited by Marlin : 10/07/2012 at 10:22 AM

UPDATE*** The oval and one of the 6' signs are gone. One 6' sign left. I tried peeking inside the building for more signs, I didn't see anything, but who knows what is in there. I need to figure out a time to see if the GM can let me in

Just got the okay from my wife last night to buy the oval sign... guess I missed my turn.

I still have one large sign left, the box costs me 16 bucks, then cut and fit the sign. For shipping estimate, use 74x14x14. Say 10lbs or so. My zip is 23608.