Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isuzu dealership sign

Isuzu dealership sign

There is an old empty isuzu dealership about 1 mile from my new house. The HUGE dealership sign is still there as well as a bunch of other misc signage.
    I talked to the GM of the brother Ford/mitsu dealership about getting the signs from them. Corporate called me today and told me to make an offer and that they just sold the property. I am going to offer them 200 for the whole lot. We will see how that goes. The primary sign is the Zu emblem with the river, that part is about 24" diameter attached to a 6 ft red insert. Same on the other side. There are also 18" tall "ISUZU" plastic lettering under it. I am thinking of turning the Zu emblem into a sweet man room light THere is also a "Isuzu parts and service" sign above the garage entrance, how cool would that be in my garage! There might be other misc signs throughout the buildings.

All that said, would anyone be interested in the other half of the sign or parts of it? I will post up how much pending them accepting my offer.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I saw that sign when I was on my way through to moab this year. Stopped in to see if it was a real dealership but couldn't find anything.
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

I'm interested Chris, just let me know what's available as soon as you get in there.

Check with "Little Joe's" too they used to have a dealership in Norfolk and still sell parts a la St. Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by ND92 View Post
    I saw that sign when I was on my way through to moab this year. Stopped in to see if it was a real dealership but couldn't find anything.
    You drove through Newport News, va?

Wondered that too... maybe he thought you were still living in the PNW?

You drove through Newport News, va?
    Oh my bad it looks exactly the same as one in salt lake as I was driving past.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I'm also interested depending on what's available

The service sign would be great for your garage.

I'm interested in anything smaller that I can hang in my garage like smaller signs, banners,etc
    ---------

Ty

I am going to haggle with them. My F250 is in their shop, blowing white and blue smoke at downshift when the turbo spins down, probably EGR cooler leak into the oil cooler. Trying to get them to do an EGR delete, not legal, but a must for the 6.0 powerstroke. If I have them do the work, I will see if they throw in the signs...

Sweet,I ended up trading my F250 in for a brand new Fusion. SEL with everything except Nav.
    Anyway, I managed to use that time to schmooz with the GM. Long story short, I scored all the signs, I am going by on Sunday to check out all the Zu signs I get I can tell you that one of the Zu emblems w/river and the "isuzu service and parts are mine." I know Ash gets first dibs. There are two sets of the Large "I S U Z U" letters, another Zu emblem with river. I will post up what else there is once I pick them up.

Thanks Chris, I'll be in Newport News again next Friday so maybe we can get together then.

Nice! Let us know what you got.. I would love an Isuzu emblem in my garage...

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Good get! Love the parts and service sign idea for the garage.

Back in the day, a few friends and I would have "done a mission" at around 2am and acquired those signs gratis.

I've got a LOW FLYING PLANES sign around here somewhere. Which? By the way? Is the coolest thing to have on your wall as a teenager if you've got model warplanes hanging from your bedroom ceiling.

Ahh, the stupid ***** we did as kids...

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Good get! Love the parts and service sign idea for the garage.

Back in the day, a few friends and I would have "done a mission" at around 2am and acquired those signs gratis.

I've got a LOW FLYING PLANES sign around here somewhere. Which? By the way? Is the coolest thing to have on your wall as a teenager if you've got model warplanes hanging from your bedroom ceiling.

Ahh, the stupid ***** we did as kids...

-V
    I talked to the GM about my thoughts on "removing" the old signs for them. He said, they probably wouldn't have noticed for quite some time, and would hav ejust claimed insurance for the $40K those signs cost.

Funny, but while I was out and about last weekend picking up supplies for my Halloween costume, I passed buy an ISUZU, YES, an ISUZU dealership, in Frederick MD. No mistaking that giant red ISUZU sign on the building. A little research turned up FSK Lincoln Mercury Volvo Audi Isuzu. I must inquire within to see "what they can do for me".
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT