Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top speed?

Red face

It ain’t a sports car? Damn, I better stop playing on the track with the Porsches - I thought SPORT was in it’s name.....

Way stable at 115MPH @ ~4500 RPM - with room to go faster if not for that silly limiter.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    It's still not a sports car. Auto-x is one thing... track is another... Those Porsche drivers need lessons.

It's a good truck. That is what it is. No need to take offense.

Hey Spazz, ignore still works. Have fun talking to yourself.

No offense but you do not understand what it really is - your loss. I’ve autocrossed it, rallyX crossed it, drag raced it (see my timeslips), offroaded and mudded with it. But wait, you don’t have one anymore do you? Bring your new ride to TX and show me your stuff. You’ve always been one to mouth off here but never produce.

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Oh I understand what it is. Had things been better, I would have kept it. It is what it is, a heavy 4x4 SUV with a suspension that is more street capable than other SUVs. It's probably the best truck I have ever owned, on or off the road. Realistically, you think the VX can match the potential of say... a turbo Supra or EVO 8? C'mon... from Spazz this I would expect, but you know better.

It's a sporty truck. It's not a sports car by the true definition of a "sports car".

This is dumb.

It's not a sports car... in fact, if someone would have called it a car outside of this thread or forum to a forum member, the owner would no doubt come on here and bitch about it.

It's more like a sports-hybrid-truck-cross. Take it for what you will, but I definitely don't get upset if someone says it's not a sports car.

wow soo much hate toward spazz.....
    ________
    1XXXNAUGHTY4U live
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:16 PM

Paul and Dallas are right. It's not a slight to the VX at all, but there are faster SUVs, let alone real sports cars. It's not a sports car, but it's a real sporty truck. The charm of the VX is that it may not be the best at everything, but it does everything pretty well. It's a "Renaissance man" of the auto world. It's definitely not as one-dimensional as a Porsche.
    Last edited by Heraclid : 11/02/2003 at 08:36 PM

Wink The Charm...

... I can hardly wait for the next limited edition uniquely styled high performance go anywhere SUV for under $33,000 Must be less than 6,000 produced by hand and equaly suited both on and off road. I tell ya, if someone can match that feat, I'll knock down their door to buy

BTW, I hit 117mph stock once or twice The VX can go And if well maintained and in the right hands is quite stable esspecially for an SUV.
    NAVIGATOR

Originally posted by Heraclid

Paul and Dallas are right. It's not a slight to the VX at all, but there are faster SUVs, let alone real sports cars. It's not a sports car, but it's a real sporty truck. The charm of the VX is that it may not be the best at everything, but it does everything pretty well. It's a "Renaissance man" of the auto world. It's definitely not as one-dimensional as a Porsche.
    Heraclid, you are right. Many people in this forum are so touchy that, if you say anything that doesn't make the VX look positive in every way, they think you are ragging on it. It's an automobile, not your mamma! I love my VX, as most of us do... it is what it is, and it isn't what it isn't... a lot of that is opinions, so much of what some people think it is or isn't seems to offend others for some reason.

Just to spread some further nonsense into the already "push me shove you" charade.... State Farm Insurance lists the VX as a "High Performance SUV". In short, I prefer to go by what the insurance says and not a few boat rockers. If they say that, then I conclude (personally) that the VX just that. A "High Performance SUV". If ya don't like it, take it up with them. ;Dr;

I once hit 115, according to the speedometer, but with the 285/60's, it was surely more than that. I suck at math, so I care not to figure that one out.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Under CSAA insurance the VX is listed as a 2 door wagon...lol..
    ________
    MOTHER NATURES COLLECTIVE RESEDA
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:16 PM

I see y'all can still hold a non benefitial pissing contest!!

I think Isuzu made the VX a sleeper so nobody would complain about it looking like a tennis shoe. Them black ones really do look like a KEDS high-tops don't they?

How Y'all doin???

I been sorta out of pocket for a while. Notice some new `handles' on the forum, You old timers treatin 'em OK??

FF

Originally posted by FeatherFoot
    I see y'all can still hold a non benefitial pissing contest!!

I think Isuzu made the VX a sleeper so nobody would complain about it looking like a tennis shoe. Them black ones really do look like a KEDS high-tops don't they?
    What's up John. I guarantee someone's bitin' their tounge on this one!

I for one am not saying the VX isn't high performance. It is undoubtedly a high performance SUV. I love that about it. And to me performance means off-road capability too. But getting back to pure speed, fast for a SUV isn't really all that fast in general. Now granted, I am referring to the stock VX, and naturally the supercharged version is another ballgame altogether. Keep in mind it suits the insurance companies to call it high performance. $$$ State Farm also called my Avenger a sports car and set the premiums accordingly even though it was more of a sporty-looking car rather than a real sports car.

I love the VX for many reasons. One being that the VX is a quick SUV, but a 0-60 time of about the same as my old 1995 Dodge Avenger ES with a 165hp V6 is not, in the grand scheme of things, very fast. Again, only talking the stock VX here. The time is fast approaching when the VX is not even a particularly fast SUV as things like the Cayenne and Murano hit the pavement. Even with the S/C there is some viable competition already out there in the SUV market.

The vx is acutally really fast if you compare it to certian cars, but with teh limited set at about 115 we cant get it to top out at a higher speed. like the Evo7 for instance has a 127 mph speed limiter. if we can somehow remove the limiter then we will ahve an additional 2000 or so more rpm.
    ________
    Paxil Class Action
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:17 PM