I for one am not saying the VX isn't high performance. It is undoubtedly a high performance SUV. I love that about it. And to me performance means off-road capability too. But getting back to pure speed, fast for a SUV isn't really all that fast in general. Now granted, I am referring to the stock VX, and naturally the supercharged version is another ballgame altogether. Keep in mind it suits the insurance companies to call it high performance. $$$ State Farm also called my Avenger a sports car and set the premiums accordingly even though it was more of a sporty-looking car rather than a real sports car.

I love the VX for many reasons. One being that the VX is a quick SUV, but a 0-60 time of about the same as my old 1995 Dodge Avenger ES with a 165hp V6 is not, in the grand scheme of things, very fast. Again, only talking the stock VX here. The time is fast approaching when the VX is not even a particularly fast SUV as things like the Cayenne and Murano hit the pavement. Even with the S/C there is some viable competition already out there in the SUV market.