Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fan/Part Under Glove Compartment Ac

Fan/Part Under Glove Compartment Ac

I am trying to figure out what this part is called ? Its under the glove box and looks like a fan kinda with 1 wire going to it. My ac stops working from time to time and blows hott air and this lil guy makes noise, sometimes when i bang on it it works again. I think its bad now cause I cant get it to blow cold again. And ive tryed recharging only works a tad. ANy help on this guys, Ineed my ac dont wanna pay a shop 100's for somehting simple or something I can fix. Thanks for some input. Just tryn to figure out what will fix it.

Been a bad week my window clips finally both broke so i can move my windows at all their completly off the bar

The fan in question is the "heater blower". All this does is move the air. Usually the blower does not go bad but needs cleaning out from time to time. What usually causes this part to stop working is the blower motor resisister. I have had 3 burn out. They are about $65.
    But as I said, this just moves the air. If you have air blowing out the vents this is not the problem....it has nothing to do with the cooling of the air.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hmm how would I go about cleaning it? Only reason I say is that its running and blow the air but if the air gets warm i hit it a few times and normally turns cold. So any tips on what else could be causing the air to get warm or whts happening would help. Its all original parts down their and someitmes it will be cold fo rmonths then 1 day just gets warm. sometimes it comes back others i hit it with a r34 recharge can and is fine again

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Like Billy said, the blower moves air and has nothing to do with hot or cold.

Sounds like a slow A/C leak. The a/c compressor won't run when the R34 pressure gets low, that would explain the sudden change in temp. After a recharge, the compressor will start working like normal again until the pressure drops out (again). That would be my guess, you can get a recharge with red dyed R34 which will help you locate any leaks.

Also if you follow the a/c hoses sometimes where the leak is you will find a oily dirt build up since the coolant (r34) contains a lubrication for all the internal moving parts. Of course your engine area needs to be somewhat clean (mine would not qualify).

i think you gotta have the special orange glasses but then you can see the leaks under a black light

Ah ok thanks guys that does make sense ill recharge it again and check it with the leak stuff

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank this fourm also! Mine was doing a simular thing and I just went out front and gave it a "love tap" and it fired right back up!

seems like the blower motor is getting stuck. I'll take it out and clean it this weekend before I go and buy a new one.

i had a problem with my windshield wipers on my truck - i took the protective shroud off directly underneath the windshield to work on it and i didnt put it back - last fall a lot of leaves fell on the truck and when i turned on the blower i could hear the leaves inside the fan

in the truck when you take the fan motor out the little round fan cage is attached to it - i cleaned out the leaves and put it back and put the shroud back on and its good as new

so if its the same all you have to do is take it out - clean out whatever is in there, bolt it back on

if the motor is bad they are usually cheap and you change them the same way - very simple

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    ... i took the protective shroud off directly underneath the windshield to work on it and i didnt put it back ...
    Cutty,

That ALMOST qualifies you for the 710 cap award ... but not quite.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Has anyone replaced the blower motor with a STRONGER motor? I would like a more powerful airflow. Ive posted this question before with no luck....thought I would also ask here.

Also...is this part vx specific or could one use a motor from a trooper, axiom, etc?
    ---------

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    Has anyone replaced the blower motor with a STRONGER motor?
    Not that I've heard. Anything is possible though with enough determination & fabricating skills.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Cutty,

That ALMOST qualifies you for the 710 cap award ... but not quite.

Tom
    the worst part is there are only like 4 screws that hold it on - but i would have had to lift the hood TWICE to get it situated - im exhausted just thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    the worst part is there are only like 4 screws that hold it on - but i would have had to lift the hood TWICE to get it situated - im exhausted just thinking about it
    I feel ya. There are only 2 bolts holding the front brake caliper on ... but it took me an hour last night to change the pads. JLYS ... I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Wonder if this is why my ac/heat doenst always work but when I hit a large enough bump it kicks on.