Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help with some issues with my VX

He told me that he serviced the transmission fluid and filters in 2010 .....
    I live in fort lee, nj 07024 ..bergen county

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Do either of you know whether your transmission filters were also changed when your transmission fluid was last serviced? I would sure be trying that irst before I had a $3000 transmission service done.

It doesn't look like there are many members here from the New Jersey or Philadelphia area. What is your exact location?

Quote Originally Posted by jheyson =) View Post
    He told me that he serviced the transmission fluid and filters in 2010 .....
    I live in fort lee, nj 07024 ..bergen county
    Trans fluid filters are changed more according to mileage than by time, usually 30,000 to 40,000 miles between changes is a general rule of thumb, but driving tendencies and vehicle usage can make that vary, so it's something to keep in mind.

I saw that these three members were listed in your area on the member's map, but Gussie seems to have been the most recently active, so you might consider emailing or PM'ing him for suggestions for mechanics in your area who might have more experience with the VehiCross.

Thru Da Lungs

Shawn seeback

Gussie2000

Hi, did you ever figure out the problem with your transmission slipping?
    I havent figured out what the issue is either, and wanted to see if you found a solution.
    Ive taken it to a reputable transmission shop, and they cant figure out what it is, and they dont want to rebuild the transmission and charge me if its something much simpler.

did your mechanic check your battery cables for corrosion when he replaced the battery? I had to cut away about 4 inches of my negative cable and replace the connecter. it had managed to get corrosion inside the the rubber/plastic casing on the cable. Mine had sat a couple weeks and then wouldnt start, replaced the battery and still nothing. fixing the corrosion and connecters did the trick, fires right up now. just something to consider