Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: HB Scott Larson

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    As I've said MANY times before, I don't live here like some of you seem to.
    If I donate $20.00 to the site, will you make your visits even LESS frequent???...

It's all about the last word for you, isn't it...

Srsly dood...five+ paragraphs?...Get a life.
    Last edited by Ldub : 09/26/2012 at 05:20 PM

Not my fault that the other thread got closed before I could respond.
    Doesn't excuse badding a guy's birthday thread.

As I've said MANY times before, I don't live here like some of you seem to.
    Only makes it that much more petty. And careful, your contempt is showing.

Right or wrong, stinking up a guys birthday thread is low rent. Pretty sure if you edited your posts to keep this thread classy, everyone else in it would be happy to step off and do the same. You call it though.

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Thumbs down

... I didn't intend to make your birthday thread a downer, but when some people around here close threads before others get a chance to respond, it seems apparent that the rules of fair play have been thrown to the wayside so a person does what they have to do...

Maybe threads are closed or edited because no one cares to read this kind of crap regardless of who posts it.

All I have to say is I hope someone craps in your corn flakes on your birthday. What a jerk you are for posting this here!

BTW - Well said Ldub, I will also make a $20 contribution to this site if you make your visits to this site less frequent.
    '03 Honda CR-V (DD) - '05 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - '01 Ebony VX!

A smile is like tight underwear, it makes your cheeks go up!

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Damn, I'd so like to meet Trekk in person...just sayin', I really think we could come to some sort of an agreement, really! And speaking of meeting someone in person, I just met Kate (jeeperkate) tonight to close the deal on some really sweet 18" OEM's with virtually new Goodyears and she is an awesome addition to our merry little band of VX misfits. I'm pretty sure she can hold her own with even the likes of Trekk! And she also has one fine VX...just sayin. Seriously Trekk You win, I lose!
    Vixer Fixer

Well... happy birthday, Scott.

Speaking of apologizing though, I didn't intend to make your birthday thread a downer, but <snip>
    A blatant lie. And if you think that isn't obvious to everyone, you have obviously miscalculated where you stand on the IQ scale. You could have continued your obsessive, childish desire for drama by taking your stupid, whiny crap-fest to PM or starting a new thread if you obsessively had to get in the last word. But, no, you intentionally dumped in a guy's birthday thread. Just. Plain. Trashy.

And... why are YOU demanding an apology for Ashley? I've met the guy - he's an awesome, normal, well-adjusted person. He already responded to Scott's erroneous assumption with tact, class and, well... an appropriate and justifiable level of mild snark. I suspect he's already moved on from the issue and is back to living his real life. Yet here YOU are, once again, acting like the site's unofficial drama queen chasing another member around the forum trying to keep some inane argument burning. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    If I donate $20.00 to the site, will you make your visits even LESS frequent???
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperkate View Post
    BTW - Well said Ldub, I will also make a $20 contribution to this site if you make your visits to this site less frequent.
    I'll up the ante and pledge an additional $100 if this perpetually unhappy little troll gets permanently banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Doesn't excuse badding a guy's birthday thread.

Only makes it that much more petty. And careful, your contempt is showing.

Right or wrong, stinking up a guys birthday thread is low rent. Pretty sure if you edited your posts to keep this thread classy, everyone else in it would be happy to step off and do the same. You call it though.
    Well stated.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Well... happy birthday, Scott.

A blatant lie. And if you think that isn't obvious to everyone, you have obviously miscalculated where you stand on the IQ scale. You could have continued your obsessive, childish desire for drama by taking your stupid, whiny crap-fest to PM or starting a new thread if you obsessively had to get in the last word. But, no, you intentionally dumped in a guy's birthday thread. Just. Plain. Trashy.

And... why are YOU demanding an apology for Ashley? I've met the guy - he's an awesome, normal, well-adjusted person. He already responded to Scott's erroneous assumption with tact, class and, well... an appropriate and justifiable level of mild snark. I suspect he's already moved on from the issue and is back to living his real life. Yet here YOU are, once again, acting like the site's unofficial drama queen chasing another member around the forum trying to keep some inane argument burning. Pathetic.

I'll up the ante and pledge an additional $100 if this perpetually unhappy little troll gets permanently banned.
    Sorry Rick...

But I think an outright ban is too much...

For whatever reason, I always hold on to the hope that people have the ability, (if not the desire) to learn from past experience...

Though I'm fond of saying:
    "no good deed ever goes unpunished"...

I'm still a big enough sucker, to always render aid where I see a legitimate need.

Sorry Rick...

But I think an outright ban is too much...

For whatever reason, I always hold on to the hope that people have the ability, (if not the desire) to learn from past experience...

Though I'm fond of saying:
    "no good deed ever goes unpunished"...

I'm still a big enough sucker, to always render aid where I see a legitimate need.
    Hey Dub,

So... if I understand what you're saying, you're trying to use some form of Jedi-mind-trick/sales-technique to talk me up to pledging $125?

DONE!

Seriously, though... no offense taken but I disagree. And to scale back my disgust of someone being attacked in his birthday thread and to explain why with a more reasonable attitude...

I recognize the situation he's in because I've been in similar situations myself - "love the topic, but hate the regular posters." I grew to realize I am not going to change and the people I didn't like are not going to change. I recognized that I was voluntarily putting myself into a position where I was voluntarily setting myself up to be unhappy, SO I LEFT. I logged out, deleted the bookmark, never looked back, never missed it and instantly improved my happiness quotient.

This guy... he can't see all that. He's too hung up on trying to "win" some stupid, imaginary *war* that exists only in his own mind. Thankfully I didn't have that kind of baggage so I was able to just walk away and be happy. But then, I wasn't trolling and going out of my way to provoke and attack others, either - I was simply disappointed that people couldn't be civil.

For his own health and the health of the site, he NEEDS to leave even if that means being pushed out involuntarily.

Intervention over.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    As this is my Birthday thread, I feel safe weighing in here. It's my fault! I certainly didn't intend to get it going. I wasn't taking a personal jab at Ashley, but I did feel he was trying to harsh Sue's Borbet buzz. He eloquently explained later in that thread that he was not and he and I let it go. I deleted that post as I was wrong in my assumption. Now Trekk thought I was taking a jab at him (for the love of God I don't know why!) and got all snarky. I took him to task, he then deleted and changed his post to appear innocent. I called him out on it and the rest is shameful history. Knowing how Trekk can not let things go, it was inevitable he would take it to this thread after being shut out of the pertinent one. To everyone involved, my appologies. I need to learn to keep my fingers off the keyboard! Say it, forget it; write it, regret it... Words to live by in this digital age!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Hey Dub,

So... if I understand what you're saying, you're trying to use some form of Jedi-mind-trick/sales-technique to talk me up to pledging $125?
    Actually, I was going for $150...I must be losin' my Jedi mojo...

"these aren't the droids you're looking for...move along"

again, Scott...

Oh yeh...that last post?

TOP NOTCH!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    ...Say it, forget it; write it, regret it... Words to live by in this digital age!
    But if there's someone videotaping you, you're screwed.
    LINKS MAY BE NSFW

Dude - props on the HUGE post. Not sure all the blame rests with you, but I'll leave it that.
    -V

It seems none of you who have once again felt the need to voice your two cents are considering that Scott's been trying to place the entire blame on me for how the other thread went south because of HIS initial comment. It's already been well illustrated in the past on this site how some of the vxinfo clique operates, and this thread has been yet another example. And anyone with an objective eye KNOWS that's not a biased statement, which is why it wasn't necessary for me to respond to each of your individual comments.

Scott could have confined his comments (both the direct ones and the off-handed/veiled ones) to PM's only too, but he didn't, so he brought this on himself...regardless of what thread I respond in. What's the matter, has Scott been cwying that his birfday thwead got all icky? And still talking about settling his difference with fighting? And here I was thinking that our elders were supposed to set GOOD examples.

It's no wonder the world remains in such a perpetual mess...when older generations double down on their own mistakes, want to shut others up who point out those mistakes with violence, and since actions speak louder than words, clearly illustrate that they're obviously incapable of just letting things go REGARDLESS of saying that they are.

Once, again, sad indeed.

So for all of you who have responded in kind, save your future birthday wishes. I'm sure they'd be as empty of real meaning as your comments in this thread have been anyway. As some of you are obviously yet to realize about me since it hasn't been explained to you, I'd rather people hate me for who I am than have them like me for who I'm not.
    Last edited by Y33TREKker : 09/29/2012 at 08:12 AM

Thumbs up

I'd rather people hate me for who I am than have them like me for who I'm not.
    At least THAT seems to be work'n out well for ya...

Thumbs up

It seems none of you who have once again felt the need to voice your two cents are considering that Scott's been trying to place the entire blame on me for how the other thread went south because of HIS initial comment. It's already been well illustrated in the past on this site how some of the vxinfo clique operates, and this thread has been yet another example.

It's no wonder the world remains in such a perpetual mess...when older generations double down on their own mistakes, want to shut others up who point out those mistakes with violence, and since actions speak louder than words, clearly illustrate that they're obviously incapable of just letting things go REGARDLESS of saying that they are.
    Glad that you've FINALLY come to the conclusion that it's ALWAYS everyone else, & NEVER anything to do with you...

That makes total sense...

Glad that you've FINALLY come to the conclusion that it's ALWAYS everyone else, & NEVER anything to do with you...

That makes total sense...
    Only to you apparently, since I CLEARLY stated that I was referring only to "those who have once again felt the need to voice their two cents" in this thread and the other one. I never said "everyone". And besides, you've obviously forgotten that not everyone always agree with your comments here regarding our differences. Maybe someday you'll finally come to the conclusion that just because YOU say something on this website, it doesn't automatically mean it's an accurate reflection of reality.

Your comments in this thread have been especially hypocritical since you've once again had no problem going along with the idea that I'm the person here who has trouble letting things go, and yet it was you specifically who dragged the subject of site donation back into the picture. Convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    As this is my Birthday thread, I feel safe weighing in here. It's my fault! I certainly didn't intend to get it going. I wasn't taking a personal jab at Ashley, but I did feel he was trying to harsh Sue's Borbet buzz. He eloquently explained later in that thread that he was not and he and I let it go. I deleted that post as I was wrong in my assumption. Now Trekk thought I was taking a jab at him (for the love of God I don't know why!) and got all snarky. I took him to task, he then deleted and changed his post to appear innocent. I called him out on it and the rest is shameful history. Knowing how Trekk can not let things go, it was inevitable he would take it to this thread after being shut out of the pertinent one. To everyone involved, my appologies. I need to learn to keep my fingers off the keyboard! Say it, forget it; write it, regret it... Words to live by in this digital age!
    Convenient memory Scott. It's already been pointed out that I changed my second post BEFORE you ever responded to it, and you deleted your post WELL AFTER the fact. Trying to sugar coat it afterwards to make yourself appear innocent is what has made the rest shameful history. And it's obvious you're trying to make yourself appear that you have no trouble letting things go, but you're trying to do it while at the same time trying to lay all of the blame at my feet. Also shameful, not to mention convenient.

Interesting that you would now be saying I was "shut out" of the pertinent thread. A person could almost view that as having happened by design as a way of YOU being able to have the last word. And now you and others also try to suggest the idea that your "safe" birthday thread has now somehow been violated? Please. You just admitted that what got all this started was your fault, but you're STILL trying to blame and ridicule me for everything that's happened since, to the point that you've actually been posturing by making veiled physical threats, apparently thinking you could intimidate me into keeping quiet and once again proving you have no idea who I am or what I'm capable of.

Those are the reasons I've been taking YOU to task.

Don't worry though. I'm well versed in forgiving, since I've encountered many people like you in my life with something to prove. The words I live by are that forgiving and forgetting are two different things though.