Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: HB Scott Larson

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    because if you honestly think I LIKE these types of discussions, you're obviously simply another person here who doesn't know me as well as they think they do.
    Srsly?...nobody on here has EVER claimed to know, or even want to know you. If you didn't enjoy the activity, or the attention, (yes, even negative attention is attention...observe ANY child misbehaving in a public place) you certainly couldn't be bothered with replying...could you?

You don't seem to have a problem with other people here defending what they feel are false assumptions against THEM, so why do you have such a problem when it's coming from me?
    The "other people" you refer to, many of whom have met face to face, and actually like each other, for whatever reason, defend each other because they are friends...& enjoy the other persons company...that was pretty hard to figure out...

Coming from you, it just sounds like self absorbed whining.

Also, I'd like to reprise your earlier statement:
    "I'd rather people hate me for who I am than have them like me for who I'm not."

My version...

I'd rather people like me for who I am, than have them like me for who I'm not.

Unhappy just...WOW

[*]Person A makes veiled physical threats and calls Person B a #$%&head for making a wrong assumption then correcting it....
    What was "veiled" about Scott's statement? It seemed pretty straight forward to me.

Speaking of the suggestions of my being banned from the site though, I have to admit that it makes me wonder how some of you treat your own relatives, especially when you talk about this site being like a "family". Is this is how you treat your actual family members when they have different opinions and viewpoints about various things? We all realize that all families have differences, but some of your holiday family get-togethers must be truly heart-warming.
    Apparently, you've never heard the saying: "friends are the family that you get to choose"

Some here have actually called it right though. I also personally visit this site because I appreciate the uniqueness of the Vehicross and can appreciate and want to help others who share that appreciation however I can.
    Errrrr...unless it'll co$t .5479452 cents a day... O-M-G...

What I don't understand is how some of you have said in the past E]that you bought your VX to be unique owners among a sea of cookie-cutter vehicle owners, yet when you get here you try to quash uniqueness out of various VX owners by actively trying to silence differing opinions among VX owners. Well it's been said about a variety of topics on this site in the past, you can't always have things both ways. I personally think that attitude of imposed conformity (based mainly on the underlying factor of money no less) makes VX owners in general look immature and petty, and since I'm currently a part of that group of owners, you can bet your @$$ I'm going to do what I can to illustrate that not all VX owners have co-opted the same limiting attitude.
    I'm gonna have to defer to Pee Wee Herman here...

I KNOW you are, what am I?

It may or may not interest some of you to know that my birthday wish in my last vx.info birthday thread was that some of you be granted a level of self-awareness that would allow you to objectively view some of your own past comments and realize that the current bias you still obviously have against me is based on your own misunderstandings in some of our past "discussions", which means that you're still blaming me for having done something that you did (did you look up that term projection yet?).
    That wish was obviously not granted though. Ah well...maybe next year.
    Really... an almost grown man believing in birthday wishes?

C'mon...REALLY?

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Sorry Trekk, maybe you missed it in what I thought would bring an end to this madness; that being my appologies to "everyone involved" in post #23 of this, my Birthday thread!! What the hell do you want from me? Please post your name and address and I'll send you some of my blood, maybe that would satisfy you. If you'ld like, I could come on down and you could try and take some yourself, would that be OK? Just let me know what the hell you want and will shut you up and lets see if we can finally put an end to this BS!! OK????????
    Vixer Fixer

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    it's all about the last word for the trek
    Rlly???

Srsly???

Who is it that always has to have the last word?

What I don't understand is how some of you have said in the past that you bought your VX to be unique owners among a sea of cookie-cutter vehicle owners, yet when you get here you try to quash uniqueness out of various VX owners by actively trying to silence differing opinions among VX owners.
    Very well said.

And why grown men feel the need to congratulate each other with happy birthday threads over and over and over again on a car forum is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    And why grown men feel the need to congratulate each other with happy birthday threads over and over and over again on a car forum is beyond me
    How dare you!!! I may grow old, but I'll never grow up ... that's why I have a VX.

As far as the happy birthday wishes on a car forum: maybe it's my narcissistic nature, but I like being singled out for special attention ... regardless of the 'forum' ... that's why I have a VX.

So for the next 38 seconds, I get the last word: Happy friggin Birthday Scott.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    I must admit, that really is a very interesting observation.

Why should a group of people waste their time honoring a silly, congenial tradition that is universally celebrated amongst civilized western society when they could be using that time to troll a forum like a rabid cockroach?

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    I must admit, that really is a very interesting observation.

Why should a group of people waste their time honoring a silly, congenial tradition that is universally celebrated amongst civilized western society when they could be using that time to troll a forum like a rabid cockroach?
    It's simple for me....I do it because they're friends.....some in person, some cyber, doesn't matter, that's how I treat friends.....
    and I don't see it as a male/female difference....friends are friends.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    It's simple for me....I do it because they're friends.....some in person, some cyber, doesn't matter, that's how I treat friends.....
    and I don't see it as a male/female difference....friends are friends.
    Eloquently stated m'dear, eloquently stated.

If'n Y'all don't like the birthday threads, don't read them. That's the beauty of an online forum. Read what you want ... don't what you don't. Nobody is ever gonna know (there may even be a way of blocking them so you never even see them ... IDK).

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    (there may even be a way of blocking them so you never even see them ... IDK).
    The #1 method I'd recommend for the Super Hero Action Team of: "trekkie & the troll"...

would be to put everyone on their ignore list....

Problem solved...problem STAYING solved...
    Last edited by Ldub : 10/04/2012 at 08:03 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    This birthday thread is the gift that just keeps on giving!

Trek, snap out of it man. You came into dude's birthday thread to chase an argument. And you got one - only with pretty much everyone here who saw it as a classless act. Make fun all you want buddy, call it sacrosanct or precious or whatever you will - it's dude's BIRTH-DAY thread - reserved for people to tip their caps to a guy they otherwise wouldn't know but for a shared interest in the vehicle we drive. To be COOL with a fellow member. Or to keep quiet.

So what did you expect, applause? Nothing you can say in THIS thread is gonna win you any fans, bud. It's a shame, but that's the way it is. Best you can do is maybe aw-shucks it and apologize for needing to be right in the wrong place. I'm guessing most here would be cool with that provided it ends there.

-V
    I didn't expect much, and that's what I got.

And I'm not trying to win fans, just telling the birthday guy that HE messed up and is STILL trying to blame it on me. What a guy.

So....using the scientific method of extrapolation, I can surmise that being a ----- causes redundancy?...
    You see, you didn't understand that one either. Must everything be explained to you?

Srsly?...nobody on here has EVER claimed to know, or even want to know you. If you didn't enjoy the activity, or the attention, (yes, even negative attention is attention...observe ANY child misbehaving in a public place) you certainly couldn't be bothered with replying...could you?
    Hasn't stopped some here from talking to me like they THINK they know me. Yourself included.

The "other people" you refer to, many of whom have met face to face, and actually like each other, for whatever reason, defend each other because they are friends...& enjoy the other persons company...that was pretty hard to figure out...
    I've noticed that you have trouble figuring a lot of things out.

Coming from you, it just sounds like self absorbed whining.
    Gee, what a surprise that YOU would want others to see it that way. You seem to be suggesting that some of you are the only ones capable of making friends here though. That doesn't account for all of the people who have laughed with me via PM and email over the years at some of your past attempts at logic, or those who have agreed with my observations about how transparent you really are when you just can't seem to let go of our past differences. Rather than try to work it out with me though, you've instead seemed to do all you can (for instance, continuing to post in this thread when it had nothing to do with you to try to portray me in a certain way) to sway some of those "other people". You just keep doing it.

Also, I'd like to reprise your earlier statement:
    "I'd rather people hate me for who I am than have them like me for who I'm not."

My version...

I'd rather people like me for who I am, than have them like me for who I'm not.
    Good for you.

What was "veiled" about Scott's statement? It seemed pretty straight forward to me.
    Either way, on the internet, it's simply empty posturing that someone Scott's age should have grown out of years ago.

Apparently, you've never heard the saying: "friends are the family that you get to choose"
    Sure I have, but what does that have to do with what I said?

Errrrr...unless it'll co$t .5479452 cents a day... O-M-G...
    Just not capable of letting it go that it's in fact you who misunderstood my comments on the subject from the start are you.

I'm gonna have to defer to Pee Wee Herman here...

I KNOW you are, what am I?
    I just explained it to you. Oh that's right, explanations are wasted on you.

Really... an almost grown man believing in birthday wishes?

C'mon...REALLY?
    Hey, I figured maybe a childish wish would be just the ticket for addressing childish behavior. It was worth a shot anyway.