Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Found another obsession. Oh no.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Found another obsession. Oh no.

Was looking at a car mag at work yesterday and found a new toy I want. 2G Eagle Talon.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=AuS5/k8VOGn
    Damn, that rear end looks so sweet.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=AuS5/k8VOGn
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Love the Eagle Talon!

I've owned two 1g Eclipse, still own the 2nd one, but I would really like to get my hands on a 1g eagle talon tsi... If not, I wouldn't mind settling for a 2nd gen eagle talon tsi! fun to wrench and drive!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Funny I almost bought one a couple weeks ago. Just like the white in black one in the first link.

I still miss my '93 Eclipse (even though my DD is an '03 Eclipse).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

My first car was a '93 Talon tsi with a 6 bolt swap. Made 278 at the wheels. I was working on it every night though...learned a lot

My brother has owned 2 different 2nd gen Eclipses. The first one was a 420A that we put a Hahn Racecraft stage 2 turbo kit on with a FMIC, it was okay but he ended up selling that and getting a GS-T with a fully built 6 bolt swap and a GT35R turbo. We made just over 600whp with that setup on high boost, it was an awesome car to ride in but traction was a huge issue. He actually daily drove that car (at low boost which still made a tad over 400whp @ 12psi) and it was fairly reliable. He no longer has it because he bought a 91 MR2 turbo that he's now building into a monster.

My first car was a 91 1g talon TSI AWD 6 bolt. TONS of fun to work on and drive. but with any dsm, I spent more time working on it than driving. I like the look of the 2g better, but I think the 2g eclipse's look way better still. They're pretty cheap and cheap to work on so they're a good project. Just expect to spend a lot of time working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by eblank View Post
    My first car was a 91 1g talon TSI AWD 6 bolt. TONS of fun to work on and drive. but with any dsm, I spent more time working on it than driving. I like the look of the 2g better, but I think the 2g eclipse's look way better still. They're pretty cheap and cheap to work on so they're a good project. Just expect to spend a lot of time working on it.
    Well, what are some of the most well known problems with the DSM's? The 2G Talons seem rarer than VX's. Only 3 Automatics and 13 total on Autotrader in the USA. How much cash would it take to swap an auto into one of the Manuals do you think. I don't want a stick.

Problems? little bit of everything, ik the engines go sometimes, but I didn't have mine all that long so not an expert. But like I said, most of the parts are cheap, and interchangeable with eclipses. I'd say your best bet is to get on a forum and look around. also, there seem to be a lot more on craigslist than autotrader.

Here was my 1g:

Quote Originally Posted by eblank View Post
    Problems? little bit of everything, ik the engines go sometimes, but I didn't have mine all that long so not an expert. But like I said, most of the parts are cheap, and interchangeable with eclipses. I'd say your best bet is to get on a forum and look around. also, there seem to be a lot more on craigslist than autotrader.

Here was my 1g:
    B.E.A.U.TIFUL!!! LoL!!!
    Same color as mine, except I have the 93, with 6bolt swap n/a.

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    Well, what are some of the most well known problems with the DSM's? The 2G Talons seem rarer than VX's. Only 3 Automatics and 13 total on Autotrader in the USA. How much cash would it take to swap an auto into one of the Manuals do you think. I don't want a stick.
    Your best bet if you are going to get started on one would be to read through the 1000 Already Answered Questions Pages. Its been around for a long time. It just sucks that some important info, points to now dead websites.

If you are going to go with a 2g Talon, I'm would suggest finding a TSI (awd turbo) manual trans, doing a swap is simple, but for the price of everything to complete the swap, you are border-lining on price point of being able to buy another dsm... If you can find one that has been worked on, double check to see if they did an engine swap, you would want a 4g63 6bolt(bolt count at the flywheel) and not the weaker 7bolt one.

Just like buying a VX, take your time and search local dealers, local car classifieds, ebay, craigslist and so on till you find the one you want...

I like yours eblank. I do prefer the look of the 2G's though. I wish I knew someone who had one so I could atleast sit in it. Same problem I had buying the VX. Don't know if I'll have the headroom being almost 6-4.

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I like yours eblank. I do prefer the look of the 2G's though. I wish I knew someone who had one so I could atleast sit in it. Same problem I had buying the VX. Don't know if I'll have the headroom being almost 6-4.
    Head room? no problem, I'm 6.6 and fit comfortable enough It's the getting out part that kills me!

That was the car I was going to buy myself when I graduated from college in 1991....until the job I had 3 interviews for got cut from the defense budget

Instead I worked part time at a bookstore and drove my parent's Mazda 323 until I saved enough to buy a very used 1983 Audi GT coupe (which was a blast for 20k miles until all the electronics went t.i.t.s. up).

*sigh*

and yes the 2g is my fave style...I still remember the ads:
    "it's all we'll drive!"

they were super popular here in Colorado.

had a girlfriend in high school with one of these - cool car but when we wanted to use the back seat we took my lincoln
    Last edited by evillecutter : 09/28/2012 at 06:47 AM