Thread: Vibration / Noise when accelerating

Wrench Vibration / Noise when accelerating

So I have been having an odd noise lately from my '01 Ironman. It sounds like a vibration, or as I like to put it a blender coming from the front of the vehicle and ONLY when I accelerate. I've troubleshot the problem to verify it doesn't happen when not accelerating and I've also driven with and without the A/C on (it doesn't change). My VX runs fine, no start up, no AC, no TOD issues, no jerking NADA. Only thing I have noticed is my engine does vibrate a little more than it used to but nothing major and I was just associating it with age.

I was doing some research and found an old thread suggesting that it could be the EGR pipe has come loose. Similar scenario with noise when accelerating and similar sound. What do you all think?

If it's the EGR pipe, can anyone assist with where it is on the VX and what I should be looking for/do to it to secure it back?

Thanks for any advice!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by IronMan305 View Post
    So I have been having an odd noise lately from my '01 Ironman. It sounds like a vibration, or as I like to put it a blender coming from the front of the vehicle and ONLY when I accelerate. I've troubleshot the problem to verify it doesn't happen when not accelerating and I've also driven with and without the A/C on (it doesn't change). My VX runs fine, no start up, no AC, no TOD issues, no jerking NADA. Only thing I have noticed is my engine does vibrate a little more than it used to but nothing major and I was just associating it with age.

I was doing some research and found an old thread suggesting that it could be the EGR pipe has come loose. Similar scenario with noise when accelerating and similar sound. What do you all think?

If it's the EGR pipe, can anyone assist with where it is on the VX and what I should be looking for/do to it to secure it back?

Thanks for any advice!
    Here's where your EGR is:

Trace the pipe that connects to the bottom of it (it's VERY hot if the engine has been running) there is a 22mm nut that threads into the bottom. If it's loose, you'll need a 22mm stubby to tighten it with.
    Sears...

Could also be an exhaust gasket, where the manifold meets the pipe...

Without an "ears on" eval, it's anyone's guess.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Here's where your EGR is:

Trace the pipe that connects to the bottom of it (it's VERY hot if the engine has been running) there is a 22mm nut that threads into the bottom. If it's loose, you'll need a 22mm stubby to tighten it with.
    Sears...

THANK YOU!!!!! I'm on it tomorrow!