The good news: we got the 4th new shock on Betty with only a small fight last night. While the boyfriend was using the "man-power" on the shock , I was using the "woman-power" on differential fuild checks, tranny fluid check, and a transfer case fuild check.

The bad news: all my fluids are dirty "gonna catch me riding dirty..." now I will have to spend the weekend up to my elbows in fluid

We are going to wait until next week to do the transmission since that's a bit more involved, but I just wanted to ask what fluid everyone uses in their diffs and transfer case? I did some searching on the forum and couldn't find many fluid threads. What do you use in your transfer case and diffs? Switch to Royal Purple? Do I have to flush the T-case to switch to Royal Purple, or can I just drain it and refill with Royal Purple?

When it comes to the transmission, have you guys/gals switched to synthetic? If you did switch, did you have to flush the transmission before switching? I really do NOT want to flush the transmisson, so I am thinking about sticking with th Dexron III. Or, like above, can I just drain it and replace with syn? Opinions please?

THANKS everyone!!