Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu VX - May 2013: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    That's what I said!!!!

It REALLY sux when life interferes with fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    I'm IN! I just made reservations at the Hampton Inn. Free stay 'cause I used my points. Gotta get my VX all pretty before I take it out there and rough it up though.
    If I get myself back in shape I'll probably bring my mountain bike too. Any other riders bringing a bike?
    Cheers,
    Scott

Excellent Scott. Can't wait to meet you, but strange that we'll meet in Moab when we both live in the same state. I think that we're trying to get a little convoy heading over on the Sunday before Moab if you can/want to go.

I've brought my bike to Moab in the past, but usually end up not using it because I get so into wheeling trails and hanging out with the Zu folks. I think my girlfriend and I will be bringing our bikes this year but we haven't decided on road or mountain yet. I know, I know; Moab is the mountainbiking capital of the world, but the gf has just started to mountainbike and is not really comfortable on it yet. Still have some time to decide.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former Owner: 1998 Amigo, 1998 Supercharged Rodeo, 1990 Amigo, 1990 Trooper, Current Owner: 2002 Trooper
    I really wanna get out there this year. I have the girlfriend convinced (she loved it when we drove through there in June) so it's just about work at this point. Do you guys know how much availability there is still at the Red Rock?

It will be nice to get out there for another Zu Zoo.... For those of you that don't know me I was heavily involved with the Zu Zoo that started back in 98... First 2 or 3 years were as they are now -- loosely organized, etc. Then the BLM got on our backs and made us incorporate and charge event fees for permitting, insurance, etc... We had to provide inspections at the event -- it went from fun to a whole bunch of work, so I'm glad to see it's back to fun. :-) Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you there.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hiya Chris

Give the Red Rock a buzz..they are filling up pretty fast.
    Dont forget to ask for the "VX" group discount..its worth 15%..

...and covers non VX's too

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bartmanS4 View Post
    If I get myself back in shape I'll probably bring my mountain bike too. Any other riders bringing a bike?
    My friend who's bringing his 5th wheel out will be mountain biking some of the time. Be warned, he's pretty hardcore, and he may have a couple of his mtn biking friends with him.

I will be leaving my mountain bike at home, but I might bring my motorcycle in the 5th wheel's "garage" (yep, it's a big one). Mostly just to cruise around town.

I will also be doing some photography, including night sky stuff. Any other photo buffs out there (besides Jo!)?

Edit: I'm not excluding Jo...I just already know he's an awesome photog

Hope you make it, Chris. It would be good to see another one of the old timers.

Exclamation Here's the scoop...

Cece & I will be arriving at The Stoop on Thursday, May 9th. We are going to spend a few days doing the touristy thing, and we will head to California on the 12th. I know some of y'all are planning to get into Moab early, and we look forward to seeing you. We are going to be spending a week in Maui to celebrate her graduation from college, so we are going to miss wheeling and all the fun around The Stoop. Have fun, be safe, and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    I will also be doing some photography, including night sky stuff. Any other photo buffs out there (besides Jo!)?

Edit: I'm not excluding Jo...I just already know he's an awesome photog
    I'd like to think of myself as a bit of a photo buff too. I brought my tri-pod last year and got some cool night shots of the Stoop and all the VX's parked up for the night. Took just over 500 pictures last year.

Question Just a thought...

Maybe one of you pro photographers that took pics at The Stoop could print an 8x10 to give the kind folks at the Red Rock as a thank you for being so hospitable? Hmmm?

need to change all the fluids ..and now we have a new activities director.. im the lead .ill try to drive it ..but i think the gas will kill me .ill try ..not sure about lodging ...might have to tent it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

All the cool kids "tent it"
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    All the cool kids "tent it"
    And the other 89.3% stay in structures that offer the essential amenities...

We can't ALL be cool...

Who would be left to admire YOU?...

I'd be interested in bringing my mtn bike, but I'm thinking abou Vegas the weekend prior and I'm not sure where I'd leave it...

Quote Originally Posted by ABDragonVX View Post
    I'd be interested in bringing my mtn bike, but I'm thinking abou Vegas the weekend prior and I'm not sure where I'd leave it...
    Where to leave it in Vegas or when you're in Moab?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.