Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu VX - May 2013: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    The big thing is that some of the trails are on government land and no animals are allowed on them so you would HAVE to kennel your pup or leave him behind.
    OOh thanks for that feedback! No way I would take him on a long drive out to Moab only to have to stick him in a kennel (he's never been in one in his life! He'd freak out!).

As much as I would love for him to come, I think Hotel du Too Many Table Scraps with my parents is the safest route.

Thanks MS.

Awww come on Mark, don't discourage him. I brought Dakota with us last year and she did well out on the trail, even at 9 years old. BUT she loves riding in the vehicle and would be way more upset/nervous staying by herself in the hotel or at a kennel.

As for bringing all the stuff, well that's possible too, although I won't pretend that the accessories in this photo were cheap (except the watertight ammo cans, those things were like $8 on Amazon). We were able to bring our 3 year old, 9 month old, Dakota, and enough clothes and stuff for 3 weeks on the road.

In all seriousness you should probably leave your dog at home if you have that option. I'm sure it was illegal for me to take her out of the car at lunchtime on the trail, but we were doing Moab back-to-back with our bi-annual trip to Wisconsin and I didn't want to leave her at a kennel for 3 weeks.

Well, room is a non-issue for me since we're bringing a 5th wheel RV with us. But as much as my dog loves riding in the truck, he can undo both harnesses I own (hidden thumbs I think!), and I wouldn't want to risk getting thrown out of a park or worse for having him with me.

It's only 5 days without him....

Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    Question to the gang: does anyone bring dogs with them? Have they in the past? I keep going back and forth on this with my awesome dog. He's 12, but still very lively and would love a Big Adventure. But I guess I am worried about shaking him up too much (are the trails we're going to do smooth but rugged/challenging, or all bumpy like here in the Colorado Rockies?), and of course about leaving him in the RV if I am out for a meal or something. He loves being in the truck, and although he'd be spoiled rotten at Chez Parent's, I want him with me Thoughts? Tips? Prior experience?
    Biscuit has been with me the last three years. Loves it!
    He stays in the motel some and at Moab Doggie Day Care (435-259-7922) Karen is the owner( a little quirky,but a good person)
    Dogs are not allowed in the national parks.State parks? leash only I think?
    If your going to have your dog in the truck...strap them down...depending on the trail...they will hit the roof and then hit the floor because they can't hold on! If you have your dog at the daycare reserve a night because you don't know when you will be back...breakdowns...ect...hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    Conspiracy sites claim a high probability of a Butters sighting Saturday night (5/11) at dinner. According to the Illuminati, the sighting hinges on if the convoy some call "ToCaliWeTravelAfterAStopInDenver" stays in touch that day. Or Ldub calls to keep me in the loop. Yeah, that'll work.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Quote Originally Posted by biju View Post
    Conspiracy sites claim a high probability of a Butters sighting Saturday night (5/11) at dinner. According to the Illuminati, the sighting hinges on if the convoy some call "ToCaliWeTravelAfterAStopInDenver" stays in touch that day. Or Ldub calls to keep me in the loop. Yeah, that'll work.
    BEEEEEJ, it would be great to see you. I am taking tomorrow off to detail the VX and will be leaving for Moab mid-morning to mid-afternoon on Saturday if you want to convoy on over.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Mr. Hardeman!

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    BEEEEEJ, it would be great to see you. I am taking tomorrow off to detail the VX and will be leaving for Moab mid-morning to mid-afternoon on Saturday if you want to convoy on over.
    I plan to do some biking while there for the weekend. Gill and CeCe threatened me with voodoo curses if I didn't show for dinner Saturday. (ok, not really, but it sounded good). Truth is, haven't seen you guys in a while!

We'll be leaving really early Saturday. PM me your tele; I'll txt or ring you along the way to see where you're at.

-biju.

First to Moab!!! So what's the door prize??? It sure feels weird pulling into The Stoop in a sedan... Would ya'll hurry up so I can feel more at home!

Quote Originally Posted by biju View Post
    Gill and CeCe threatened me with voodoo curses if I didn't show for dinner Saturday.
    Nuh uh... We threatened you with Extra Terrestrial Mind-meld...get it right! Glad we could force you to come out!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Que up Queen...another one bites the dust
    Looks like I am going to have to pull the plug on my trip. I have been working like mad on the VX to get it ready. Went in today to get the final thing done, an alignment, only to find out it couldn't be done due to worn bushings. There is a LOT of play up there. So, long story short...my Moab $$$$ will be going to Merlin and I will be getting even more grease under my fingernails.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Que up Queen...another one bites the dust
    Looks like I am going to have to pull the plug on my trip. I have been working like mad on the VX to get it ready. Went in today to get the final thing done, an alignment, only to find out it couldn't be done due to worn bushings. There is a LOT of play up there. So, long story short...my Moab $$$$ will be going to Merlin and I will be getting even more grease under my fingernails.

Bummer....

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about it Jo. I was already packing the camp gear.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Sorry to hear Billy Good luck with the repairs! Bijjjjjjjjj how long are you gonna be in Moab??? We get in sunday afternoon about 4pm will you still be there?
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Sorry to hear Billy Good luck with the repairs! Bijjjjjjjjj how long are you gonna be in Moab??? We get in sunday afternoon about 4pm will you still be there?
    I should be. Would love a quick hug and some catch up! (not to be confused with a hug and ketchup. although, that can be arranged. heh.) Travel safe!

-biju.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hitch a ride out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Tell me about it Jo. I was already packing the camp gear.
    ...with Sue.

Jo

Is there anyone still in need of a camp site? I am going to cancel mine in the morning however if someone needs one I can arrange to transfer it. Let me know asap!