Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu VX - May 2013: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    We'll see ya in the morning then...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Cant Wait To See The Fam. I Should Be Headed Out Late Tues Night. I Wont Get Into The Stoop Until Probably Midnight.
    ...cause by midnight we'll all be safely tucked up in bed.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    No plans yet Tom. Mid-late morning will work for us best, maybe 9-10AM?

We can meet at C470/I-70 or Idaho Springs depending on if the 5th wheel needs a head start up the big hill.

We can dial in plans as we get closer to May 12th!!!!
    Joe's truck doesn't really seem to care whether it's pulling the 5th wheel or not...the torque in that thing is insane. All it does is lower the mpg from 20 to 11 (which is still pretty damn good considering my VX gets 14 pulling nothing but my butt).

We could meet at the I-70/Morrison exit like we did for the trail last year. But as you said, we can firm things up closer to the 12th, but yeah 9-10 am was what I was thinking.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    We could meet at the I-70/Morrison exit like we did for the trail last year. But as you said, we can firm things up closer to the 12th, but yeah 9-10 am was what I was thinking.
    We could meet at The Brewery Bar II for a green chili breakfast and then stop in Idaho Springs for a urgent green chili bathroom break.

Why are you guys waiting until Sunday?

I'm staying in Denver Friday night and heading to Moab on Saturday.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    X2...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Why are you guys waiting until Sunday?

I'm staying in Denver Friday night and heading to Moab on Saturday.
    ..."Stoop" at noonish Saturday

jo

I'm hoping to land at The Stoop around the same time Jo, but it might be a little later in the afternoon. Depends on how much I can get done on the 'ol girl this weekend and next week.

See y'all there.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Thumbs up Here's the deal...

Cece and I are planning to do dinner Saturday May 11th at The Sunset Grill, and would love for all the earlybirds to join us. I hope that everyone has a safe and fun time this year. Looking forward to being back in Moab even without the VX!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

So this will be my home away from home while in Moab

Today was the first time I got to see it...it's pretty amazing. Room for 3 motorcycles in the "garage", which, when you take the motorcycles out then becomes a bedroom! Or the patio with couches! The center section on the far side slides out to make the kitchen/dining/living room (with TV/DVD/surround sound and satellite if we decide to take it). Never been in one before...it's a bit silly, but going to be so much fun! I love the checkered flag awning!

My VX won't quite fit in the garage though, so I still have to drive it out.

We got my VX's front and rear sway bar bushings changed today, and my clunking noise is gone! But now I have a rotational rubbing noise...I think in the one of the right side brakes. But I'm going to have an alignment done anyway this week sometime, so I will have them take a peek.

The Energy Suspension bushings were a breeze to install! It took longer to get the front skid plate off by far than to remove and install the bushings.

Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone!
    that is a cool fifth wheel,, how long is it?
    '93 Trooper 3" lift 32"s. '00 VX

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Cece and I are planning to do dinner Saturday May 11th at The Sunset Grill, and would love for all the earlybirds to join us.
    Ooo, fine dining my first night in Moab? Why not...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    Ooo, fine dining my first night in Moab? Why not...
    Cece has never been there, and it seems like a great way to kick off the week.

Ran Elephant Hill, Metal Masher, and Seven Mile Rim last week with the Toyota persons at Cruise Moab. Now I'm warmed up for next week with the REAL 4WDers. I'll be there Monday evening.

Question to the gang: does anyone bring dogs with them? Have they in the past? I keep going back and forth on this with my awesome dog. He's 12, but still very lively and would love a Big Adventure. But I guess I am worried about shaking him up too much (are the trails we're going to do smooth but rugged/challenging, or all bumpy like here in the Colorado Rockies?), and of course about leaving him in the RV if I am out for a meal or something. He loves being in the truck, and although he'd be spoiled rotten at Chez Parent's, I want him with me Thoughts? Tips? Prior experience?

I am in the same boat as you. Just picked up a new puppy this past Saturday morning, but I will probably leave him at a kennel here at home. Some of the trails we will be doing will be smooth, but most of them have some amount of jarring obstacles on them. There are a few obstacles on a few trails where anything that isn't nailed/strapped down in the truck will end up in the foot wells because you are headed straight down. I don't think it's fair to the dog (and I'm speaking about mine here) to throw him around in the truck all day. In the worst case he could get hurt from some of the violent shifting the truck will do. There is a nice kennel in town that some have used while out on the trails. They will have to chime in on that though.

The big thing is that some of the trails are on government land and no animals are allowed on them so you would HAVE to kennel your pup or leave him behind.

All in all, for me, it's just too much to bring the pup and all of his stuff, plus my stuff, plus the girlfriends stuff, plus the bikes, plus all of the tools for the VX, then find a place for the pup if I can't bring him on the trails or want to go mountain biking for a while.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    The big thing is that some of the trails are on government land and no animals are allowed on them so you would HAVE to kennel your pup or leave him behind.
    OOh thanks for that feedback! No way I would take him on a long drive out to Moab only to have to stick him in a kennel (he's never been in one in his life! He'd freak out!).

As much as I would love for him to come, I think Hotel du Too Many Table Scraps with my parents is the safest route.

Thanks MS.

Question to the gang: does anyone bring dogs with them? Have they in the past? I keep going back and forth on this with my awesome dog. He's 12, but still very lively and would love a Big Adventure. But I guess I am worried about shaking him up too much (are the trails we're going to do smooth but rugged/challenging, or all bumpy like here in the Colorado Rockies?), and of course about leaving him in the RV if I am out for a meal or something. He loves being in the truck, and although he'd be spoiled rotten at Chez Parent's, I want him with me Thoughts? Tips? Prior experience?
    Biscuit has been with me the last three years. Loves it!
    He stays in the motel some and at Moab Doggie Day Care (435-259-7922) Karen is the owner( a little quirky,but a good person)
    Dogs are not allowed in the national parks.State parks? leash only I think?
    If your going to have your dog in the truck...strap them down...depending on the trail...they will hit the roof and then hit the floor because they can't hold on! If you have your dog at the daycare reserve a night because you don't know when you will be back...breakdowns...ect...hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!