Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu VX - May 2013: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Absolutely! I read about your problems with the cheapos, and a few others, so went OEM, and it required the NEWLY DESIGNED fan blade as well.
    Good deal and like I've said before, an OEM fan clutch solved all of my problems. I hope you have the same results.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

Mr. Hardeman!

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    BEEEEEJ, it would be great to see you. I am taking tomorrow off to detail the VX and will be leaving for Moab mid-morning to mid-afternoon on Saturday if you want to convoy on over.
    I plan to do some biking while there for the weekend. Gill and CeCe threatened me with voodoo curses if I didn't show for dinner Saturday. (ok, not really, but it sounded good). Truth is, haven't seen you guys in a while!

We'll be leaving really early Saturday. PM me your tele; I'll txt or ring you along the way to see where you're at.

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Good deal and like I've said before, an OEM fan clutch solved all of my problems. I hope you have the same results.
    I'd already done the thermostat and that didn't change anything, and of course the increased capacity radiator.

So after reading about the many owners that had the fan clutch go bad all within about a year, I decided to go ahead and replace it, even though we weren't sure it was malfunctioning. Figured mine was 11 years old too, so maybe it was crapping out too.

So we'll see if I've achieved my crazy goal ----> A/C on full, air temp above 90+, and crawling/going fairly slow, or under load.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Que up Queen...another one bites the dust
    Looks like I am going to have to pull the plug on my trip. I have been working like mad on the VX to get it ready. Went in today to get the final thing done, an alignment, only to find out it couldn't be done due to worn bushings. There is a LOT of play up there. So, long story short...my Moab $$$$ will be going to Merlin and I will be getting even more grease under my fingernails.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Que up Queen...another one bites the dust
    Looks like I am going to have to pull the plug on my trip. I have been working like mad on the VX to get it ready. Went in today to get the final thing done, an alignment, only to find out it couldn't be done due to worn bushings. There is a LOT of play up there. So, long story short...my Moab $$$$ will be going to Merlin and I will be getting even more grease under my fingernails.

Bummer....

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about it Jo. I was already packing the camp gear.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Sorry to hear Billy Good luck with the repairs! Bijjjjjjjjj how long are you gonna be in Moab??? We get in sunday afternoon about 4pm will you still be there?
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hitch a ride out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Tell me about it Jo. I was already packing the camp gear.
    ...with Sue.

Jo

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Sorry to hear Billy Good luck with the repairs! Bijjjjjjjjj how long are you gonna be in Moab??? We get in sunday afternoon about 4pm will you still be there?
    I should be. Would love a quick hug and some catch up! (not to be confused with a hug and ketchup. although, that can be arranged. heh.) Travel safe!

-biju.

Is there anyone still in need of a camp site? I am going to cancel mine in the morning however if someone needs one I can arrange to transfer it. Let me know asap!

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!! I leave at noon tomorrow and it feels like Ive done nothing to prepare. Time for classic movie montage with inspirational music!! cause ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

Drive safe there Stefan, she's abit of a haul lol. I'm also not going to be making it. I'd have to drive solo and my cel just came on, so yay repair time. Good luck fixing the zuzu billy thanks for offering the site to me as well.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Now that Biju is going, it's worth making the trek!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Now that Biju is going, it's worth making the trek!
    ...cause the rest of us dont count

Jo

First to Moab!!! So what's the door prize??? It sure feels weird pulling into The Stoop in a sedan... Would ya'll hurry up so I can feel more at home!

Quote Originally Posted by biju View Post
    Gill and CeCe threatened me with voodoo curses if I didn't show for dinner Saturday.
    Nuh uh... We threatened you with Extra Terrestrial Mind-meld...get it right! Glad we could force you to come out!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.