Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu VX - May 2013: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Rado, I will joining the convoy on Sunday too.

I am still planning on staying in a campground. This is our tent, minus out the old Zu Amigo (RIp) and insert the vxsport. I am trying to find a pic of the sport combined with the tent. The Back end of the vehicle opens up thru a large opening into the tent. Its a great setup when it comes to camping.
    Last edited by VxSport : 02/13/2013 at 08:32 PM

Life is better when you go Topless

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post
    Sounds like a plan.

...and your tent is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post

I am still planning on staying in a campground. This is our tent, minus out the old Zu Amigo (RIp) and insert the vxsport. I am trying to find a pic of the sport combined with the tent. The Back end of the vehicle opens up thru a large opening into the tent. Its a great setup when it comes to camping.
    That must really slow you down on the highway...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    That must really slow you down on the highway...
    4 tha coffee out da nose Swede...

Its going to be a long and lonely drive down for me this year. Not bad at 16 hours but still the longest haul i've done with hunter by myself. Hope I can convoy with someone at least once this trip.
    Cant wait for May 10th
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

You might have 2 Alberta Isuzus join you there Stefan. Its in the works now.
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ABDragonVX View Post
    You might have 2 Alberta Isuzus join you there Stefan. Its in the works now.
    Matt.
    If you need any help and info on anything just let me know and ill be happy to help.

Ok, my buddy Joe might come and he would be bringing his massive pickup and trailer...so I have a rolling palace to stay in! There would be room for one or two others if anyone needs a place to crash. But yes I would like to leave Sunday with VXorado if we can coordinate that. How long where you planning to stay out there? Joe and I were thinking until Thursday, but haven't finalized anything.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    Ok, my buddy Joe might come and he would be bringing his massive pickup and trailer...so I have a rolling palace to stay in! There would be room for one or two others if anyone needs a place to crash. But yes I would like to leave Sunday with VXorado if we can coordinate that. How long where you planning to stay out there? Joe and I were thinking until Thursday, but haven't finalized anything.
    Sounds good. Amy and I will be leaving Moab on Saturday.

For those coming keep in mind, the majority of the Zu group don't start showing up until Tues/Wen. There is a small group that show earlier in the week. Just something to think about.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hey guys, driving in from Louisiana (over 1300 miles), and had a tire question. Do I need anything special for Moab? Was thinking of getting some mudding AT tires but as there will be ALOT of road driving just to get there, I wasn't sure what the best options would be for me. Right now I've got the stock 18" Rims with 245/60/R18 on em. Would prefer not to replace the rims or spare if possible. Can I just use regular road tires or is there a nice hybrid AT available. Also, limited budget... can spend maybe $150 per tire.
    thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcaramb View Post
    Hey guys, driving in from Louisiana (over 1300 miles), and had a tire question. Do I need anything special for Moab? Was thinking of getting some mudding AT tires but as there will be ALOT of road driving just to get there, I wasn't sure what the best options would be for me. Right now I've got the stock 18" Rims with 245/60/R18 on em. Would prefer not to replace the rims or spare if possible. Can I just use regular road tires or is there a nice hybrid AT available. Also, limited budget... can spend maybe $150 per tire.
    thanks, Mike
    Many owners have done fine on street tires. No problem! I was on 255/50-18 street tires the first time. There's always a group that want to go on the easier trails that are doable by all. The harder trails (with names such as Steel Bender, Metal Masher..LOL ) are usually only done by the gang that's lifted and has larger tires.

Some decent A/T hybrid kind of tires - Yokohoma Geolander AT/S, General Grabber AT2. And I'd even add the Nitto Terra Grappler as a great A/T yet great on road tire. I've had them for 10,000+ miles and they're very nice on road/highway. Most of these tires are near the $200/tire price.

I think you're price point may be a little hard to hit, but I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I speak from personal experience...
    I switched from Pro Comp ATs to the cooler looking Xterrains, and the were GARBAGE in Moab. Bigger voids are good for mud, but you end up losing so much grip on any other surface that they are pointless. The stock all-season Duelers were better than the Xterrains! The looks do not balance the loss of performance, so I am back to ATs (this time BFGs).
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

The only time I did any offroading I was wearing Kumho Ecsta STX tires in a 265/60R18 size, and had no problems keeping up with the group. They're great on road, too; handling is super, and there is absolutely no fit problems with cladding. They are currently $149.00 at Tirerack, so they also fit your budget.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Got my tires!

Ok guys, ended up with 255/60R18 Nitto Terra Grappler ATs. Ordered them from http://www.discounttiredirect.com

$796 including FREE shipping. Still a bit over my budget, but not too shabby.

Thanks for all the advice!

-Mike