I really want to go this year. As I mentioned in my "maybe" RSVP, my sister got me a gift certificate to rent a 4-wheeler (Razor thingy) out from Moab (she said it was all she could think of for the guy who has everything - I checked and am pretty sure some of my everything is missing! But it is a cool gift).

The problem is I am just starting back to work after more than a year off on awful medical leave, so I have zero vacation saved up (burned that before the medical leave kicked in) and am still only working half time. So I have to see how things go and measure the likelihood that my boss would approved the time off so soon after getting back. We are swamped at work, and they, in all modest, need me, since they hired a bunch of college grads that are willing but inexperienced mechanical engineers. I somehow became the wise old man of the engineering dept. Even my boss is two years younger and less experienced in oil and gas than I am. *sigh* (note: I am only 43)

What the situation with rooms? How many do you think are still available? Also, if I do go, my dad wants to come too. Which would at least be nice to have a second driver for the trip out and back.

Fingers crossed. I am just going to have to whip these green kids in to shape so they can do real work before May.