Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu VX - May 2013: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13

I usually leave Aurora around 10-11am on saturday. Gives me a chance to sleep in a bit and still get there with time to set up camp and get some dinner. There is lots to do there from sight seeing on pavement all the way up to extreme stuff. Quite a few trails that are pretty easy and can be done with no problem in a stocker. I just spent a couple days there in my Volvo station wagon doing the touristy sight seeing stuff.
    --Dave

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Petos View Post
    How about a Russian member, folks? I will be in California in the first half of May... So - will you let me join you without a Vehicross?

Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    Ok, I am going. I don't care what work says about it. Or the fact that I owe an enormous amount of taxes this year.

So, I need to book somewhere to stay, and I wanted to ask the Denver peeps (such as VXorado and PBkid) when they are heading out and if they want to convoy out together (safety in numbers....for mechanical reasons...I am reminded of the burning Jeep we had for just the beginning of one of our trail rides we did).

I think my dad wants to go too. He's retiring at the end of May, but already has Short-Timer's Disease.

What say you Denver dudes?
    We'll be leaving Sunday- probably late morning

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    We have done a big Colorado Convoy before, but it seems to have broken down over the past few years with a few of us heading over at different times. I'm over in Carbondale and I'll be heading to Moab on Sunday afternoon/evening so if you want to head over then I can meet you in Glenwood Springs and we can convoy over from there.
    That will work nicely for us. Unless something changes, we should plan on a convoy from Glenwood Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    I usually leave Aurora around 10-11am on saturday. Gives me a chance to sleep in a bit and still get there with time to set up camp and get some dinner. There is lots to do there from sight seeing on pavement all the way up to extreme stuff. Quite a few trails that are pretty easy and can be done with no problem in a stocker. I just spent a couple days there in my Volvo station wagon doing the touristy sight seeing stuff.
    Maybe you should leave a day later and join the convoy...

Hey Rado, I will joining the convoy on Sunday too.

I am still planning on staying in a campground. This is our tent, minus out the old Zu Amigo (RIp) and insert the vxsport. I am trying to find a pic of the sport combined with the tent. The Back end of the vehicle opens up thru a large opening into the tent. Its a great setup when it comes to camping.
    Last edited by VxSport : 02/13/2013 at 08:32 PM

Life is better when you go Topless

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Great Petr !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petos View Post
    How about a Russian member, folks? I will be in California in the first half of May... So - will you let me join you without a Vehicross?
    ...time we finally meet after years of calendar collaboration

Let me know your dates in California..I'll have room if ya want a ride out to Moab.

Please bring a bottle of Baltica #5 !!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its going to be a long and lonely drive down for me this year. Not bad at 16 hours but still the longest haul i've done with hunter by myself. Hope I can convoy with someone at least once this trip.
    Cant wait for May 10th
    Make it yours, but make it classy........ unless theres zombies.........thats when the gun rack goes in.

You might have 2 Alberta Isuzus join you there Stefan. Its in the works now.
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post
    Sounds like a plan.

...and your tent is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ABDragonVX View Post
    You might have 2 Alberta Isuzus join you there Stefan. Its in the works now.
    Matt.
    If you need any help and info on anything just let me know and ill be happy to help.

Ok, my buddy Joe might come and he would be bringing his massive pickup and trailer...so I have a rolling palace to stay in! There would be room for one or two others if anyone needs a place to crash. But yes I would like to leave Sunday with VXorado if we can coordinate that. How long where you planning to stay out there? Joe and I were thinking until Thursday, but haven't finalized anything.

Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post

I am still planning on staying in a campground. This is our tent, minus out the old Zu Amigo (RIp) and insert the vxsport. I am trying to find a pic of the sport combined with the tent. The Back end of the vehicle opens up thru a large opening into the tent. Its a great setup when it comes to camping.
    That must really slow you down on the highway...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

For those coming keep in mind, the majority of the Zu group don't start showing up until Tues/Wen. There is a small group that show earlier in the week. Just something to think about.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    That must really slow you down on the highway...
    4 tha coffee out da nose Swede...

Quote Originally Posted by twalker920 View Post
    Ok, my buddy Joe might come and he would be bringing his massive pickup and trailer...so I have a rolling palace to stay in! There would be room for one or two others if anyone needs a place to crash. But yes I would like to leave Sunday with VXorado if we can coordinate that. How long where you planning to stay out there? Joe and I were thinking until Thursday, but haven't finalized anything.
    Sounds good. Amy and I will be leaving Moab on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Maybe you should leave a day later and join the convoy...
    Then I lose a day of Moab. I dont mind traveling by myself, usually have to stop a lot to pee anyway LOL. I drink a LOT of water while driving.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Sweet..I see a bunch of you Colorado peeps on the Stoop...

...Sunday afternoon ish

jo