Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey/New York/ Pa......Meet...Who is in??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What you guys decide is ok for me,i am in anyways.

Just let me know where and when...i'll be there
    Dakar was just the begining.

Thumbs up Update!!

Hi all interested in the meeting!!

These 4 members sent me a message and they are interested in a meeting ,too

Blumblebee
    Gustavo
    GreWVU
    Nypdnarco

Yesterday , I sent around 15 private messages to members who have active for the past 2 months...if we decide a place, and time by the end of this week, I can send more PMs to members in Conneticut and Pa.

November 4th seems reasonable from the feedback that i get from some members...
    Now the question is .....Where is it going to be??

Xtrems proposed a good place for a meet in terms of space and availability of food services. By the way, I watched a youtube video of a Camaro meeting there ,and it seems to be an interesting place...

mrlarrys also proposed to get a meeting in Staten Island. By the way, is there any specific place that you would recommed?...thanks for the info.

To be fair, we should vote ,and there is one more thing....This is not going to be the last meeting in the TRI-STATE history....It can be the beggining of a series of meetings for example: 1 in the spring...1 in the summer ....1in the fall..
    Having said that, we can pick a place for this meeting ,and the next meeting(Spring) we can have it in a different location to be fair with everybody ,and get more members involved.....

What do you guys think?

Look Saturday Nov. 3rd is okay with us, as well, if that helps, but we're not likely to drive to Staten Island or Long Island or any island for that matter for anything. I thought the James Baird state park sounded promising; but don't just listen to us upstaters. You guys decide.

Up state NJ or the delaware river area can be the best locations.

But again,i'll be there where ever the location youn guys.

Dates and more

I can do the 3rd or the 4th as of right now.

But I will not be able to go to James baird park
    I just did the mapquest and it is nearly three hours from my house!
    I am open to meeting in NJ, NY or Pa. - but that is really far away for anyone that lives in Central or South NJ as well as anyone from PA that is South. Probably Long Island people as well.
    That would also rule out people from further South as well I would think.

Any other options/suggestions?
    "KILLER BEE" :

The first obstacle in our meeting is choosing a fair place for everybody. I agree with JMNY, for members in the south ,central ,and Staten Island it is a long drive.

What about BEAR MOUNTAIN PARK IN NY? It may be a good option,too

By the way JMNY, I could meet you somewhere in NJ like paramus or hackensack to go together along with other 2 members. I will go to visit 2 members on Saturday to see if they want to go as a group to Bear Mountain (if the place is ok with everybody)

By the way, this Sunday iam going to go to Bear Mountain with some friends, and I will see how is everything over there....

For members in south and central...we can meet in NJ and go together to this place..
    Just throwing some ideas...

By the way, this is the link of Bear Mountain Reservation Park

http://nysparks.com/parks/13/details.aspx

.... just let me know where and when.

Last time we did it it was in Rockaway NJ.
    High Point State Park is nice...

I think the trick is to do this REAL SOON! once the rut starts ... I'm gone!

Thumbs up Bear Mountain State Park- NY

..CORRECTION...

The name of the park is : Bear Mountain State park...located in New York

Sorry...i wrote reservation in my previous post...i meant to say "State" aparently there is another park with the same name in Ct ,,,so the one iam referring is located in NY.

thanks for the correction Blacksambo,

The problem your going to run into is nobody going to be happy with where its at because everyone wants it close to home but thats not possible for everybody. Everyone's just two spread out which would mean you have to travel or have get together s in a few different spots.
    So let me throw this out there everybody that wants to go speak up and we will make a list then once that's put together pick a centrally located place. No matter what some people are going to have to drive three hours if they really want to come.

I agree

I agree. I think we should list some solid options and then decide which makes the most sense. I know I have a drive no matter what because I am further in South Jersey.

But I also think we need to pick a day as well - Saturday 3rd or Sunday the 4th?

..Xtrms and JMNY are right!! We have to decide solid options soon. Iam ok with
    wherever takes place because the point is to have a good time and meet other VX owners.

Iam in!!

So far we have a few options ,so let's speak up and choose something soon, so we have something concrete ....

Let's get the options ,and
    Let's vote vote now!!!

Date first -

The great news is that it looks like it is going to happen and we are going to have a meet. There are enough of us in this area that it should be done a couple of times a year. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing other VX's.

So - let's pick the day first - and then lets pick a few spots. We have two options so far - pretty far North. Does anyone have a more centrally located area that they would consider. Again - someone will be really close, but if you are in the middle of the 3 or 4 states...then it is what it is....if you have to drive a little more...that is cool that some VX's can meet and drive together!

By me - the Jackson Outlets - right by Six Flags Great Adventure is an option. Huge parking lot, Food, shopping, etc. They have Car shows the last Friday of every month as well.

Here is an option as well: (I know nothing about it and South of me)
    Wicked Rides Winter Lunch Cruise - Tuckerton NJ
    Event Title: Wicked Rides Winter Lunch Cruise
    When: 11/04/12 12:00 PM
    Where: Jersey Mikes Sub Shop - Tuckerton NJ
    Description Hosted by: Wicked Rides Car Club
    Open to all years and types of vehicles
    The 1st Sunday of the month thru March
    Information: E-mail - tonys57chevy@aol.com
    Street: 415 Rt 9
    City: Tuckerton NJ ZIP: 08087

So Jeyshon - what is closer by your area that is nice?
    I also think so far everyone is good with both days - so you pick one - you started this event - so based upon your responses you have recieved what day has more VX owners able to attend?

Let me show it to you this way heres a map showing where James Baird State park is. This park is centrally located for all the surrounding states that's why other groups I'm in use it.
    So what I would like to do now is everybody that wants to attend do a MapQuest and post it on how long it would take you to get here. If there's allot of members going who would have to travel a longer distance then it can be moved.

Sunday should work for me. Will check on getting a permission slip from my wife. It will gove me some motivation to tidy up my Vehicross also. Thanks for the invite.
    Gregwvu